ETC (Guest travel "Benefits")

fredy777

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't know that if you dont pay the passes, before they expire at the end of the year, they will deduct an extra pass, when the person you issue the pass for, pays at the ticket counter well sorry about my ignorance but, I was under the assumption that if you list someone using the remaining passes that u have, using our great ETC they will be honored as last year passes, I learned that the hard way, I listed 3 persons and They pay on jan 2008, guess what now I only have 5 passes remaining, and another thing I, listed one person on the ETC, going somewhere and I click on submit, never got a PNR, I went back, and did list that person again, same routing, I am minus another pass and they charged my card, E-mail them because this person is not traveling again, but their answer was this person has a year to travel that pass can not go back in to your bank, or money back, (great travel privileges)....no more to tell, I hope is ok with the moderator since they threat me allready, that I will be suspended, Sorri richard, in certain countries we have FREDOOM OF SPEACH

I didn't know that if you dont pay the passes, before they expire at the end of the year, they will deduct an extra pass, when the person you issue the pass for, pays at the ticket counter well sorry about my ignorance but, I was under the assumption that if you list someone using the remaining passes that u have, using our great ETC they will be honored as last year passes, I learned that the hard way, I listed 3 persons and They pay on jan 2008, guess what now I only have 5 passes remaining, and another thing I, listed one person on the ETC, going somewhere and I click on submit, never got a PNR, I went back, and did list that person again, same routing, I am minus another pass and they charged my card, E-mail them because this person is not traveling again, but their answer was this person has a year to travel that pass can not go back in to your bank, or money back, (great travel privileges)....no more to tell, I hope is ok with the moderator since they threat me allready, that I will be suspended, Sorri richard, in certain countries we have FREDOOM OF SPEACH

Thats the longest sentence I've ever read. I guess now I can see how you got confused.

US Daily for about 4 weeks had a note not to forget to list and pay for them before Dec 31st. Why is there no self accountability with you people! Move to Russia, for goodness sake! Oh, I forgot they don't even do that craddle to grave stuff anymore.....

I read somewhere that you can use last year's passes under the following guidelines:
-issued AND PAID for BY 31 Dec 07
-Names can not be changed but itineraries and dates can
-I gave my brother a buddy pass and he, at the time, decided not to use it - after he had already paid for it.
He went to the CLT ticket counter and they explained the refund process to him - it would take a few weeks but he would get his $ back. He just kept the ticket and used it later in the yr - less hassle.

There's been a couple times I've listed myself/family and didn't get a PNR, so we couldn't check in online. I could see where they non-rev numbers increased by x but no PNR generated. I had to leave security in CLT for a few minutes and had to go back thru the whole ticketing process again - causing us to miss our flight back home, so we had to catch a later one. My point: had the ETC generated a PNR, we could print our boarding passes off @ home and not have to worry about getting another ticket(s) generated @ the airport.

I did the same thing, booked 3 passes at the end of the year and wasnt sure of the proceedure of paying so i just did a little reseacrh and found that you had to PAY for them by the end of the year. makes sense actually. I guess the old cliche about never ASSUME holds true here.