Evidence: Local 580 Sold Ramp Out

Jun 2, 2006
Here is a copy of the letter that led to the international's decision to step away from an election. The local sold the rampers out.

May 3,2006

Brothers of the International Executive Board:

The Transport Workers Union Local 580 Officers and Executive Board thank the International for all of the support that they have given the Local since the merger was announced between America West Airlines and US Airways. However after considering all of the information we request that the Transport Workers Union back out of the representation vote and allow us to start the integration process with the IAM.

The reason why we have come to this decision is that we believe that the membership is being financially impacted by the length of this process. Furthermore the threat of a decertification is too great of a risk to assume for all of the Fleet Service Employees of the new US Airways. After learning more about what the internal vote entailed we believe that this would only cause more financial distress and the threat of decertification would still be imminent.

This decision by the Officers and Executive Board was a very difficult one but one that was agreed to by the majority of Local 580.

Fraternally,

Pat Rezler Chris Lenzi Jim Morrison John Nielson
President Treasurer 1st Vice-president 2nd Vice-P

Dave Vincent Deanna Srasi Roger Reusch
Executive Board Executive Board Executive Board

The Local 580 did it just to save their huge paychecks. Just typical of the TWU, just like the IAM did so at Fleet at US. I know 700, themembership ratified it--the membership in the hubs and focus cities

The reason why we have come to this decision is that we believe that the membership is being financially impacted by the length of this process. Furthermore the threat of a decertification is too great of a risk to assume for all of the Fleet Service Employees of the new US Airways.

looks to me like they have no faith in the membership.

That is 100% BULLSH*T!!!
I pray that you do not have the same experience we have had on the CSR side....it has been horrible....feel free to PM me....have you guys chosen your negotiators? I am not sure who chose ours....wish I knew though how they decided that these folks were the "best"....good luck and encourage your negotiators to not cave in no matter the pressure that may get put on the for a "deadline"....

I pray that you do not have the same experience we have had on the CSR side....it has been horrible....feel free to PM me....have you guys chosen your negotiators? I am not sure who chose ours....wish I knew though how they decided that these folks were the "best"....good luck and encourage your negotiators to not cave in no matter the pressure that may get put on the for a "deadline"....

As you can guess, all of the negotiators on the short list will be from PHX. None of these people have to worry about being outsourced. No field stations, just PHX. Not even LAX or LAS. Ron Roth, the PHX chair, is on the list and that will be the saving grace. Ron's the man.

As you can guess, all of the negotiators on the short list will be from PHX. None of these people have to worry about being outsourced. No field stations, just PHX. Not even LAX or LAS. Ron Roth, the PHX chair, is on the list and that will be the saving grace. Ron's the man.
That is exactly what took place on the East Side, with most of the "Goons" from PHL sitting at the table making the deals that would ultimatly Screw all of the class 2 stations.
I can only wish you guys on the West side all of the best, as you are going to need it. :shock:

The IAM is sticking up for its members, unlike the ibt who wants to exclude stock clerks who have been in the IAM/US CBA since 1949 and Utility also.

Why is the ibt afraid of having every eligble member vote?

The real reason is they don't have enough cards.

Remember the ibt is the one who filed with the board to exclude Stock Clerks and Utility, not the IAM.

Hey 700 nice job of not answering a question. Sure your not a politician instead of a stock clerk. And you already know the answers to your questions. So why ask again except to avoid answering the one ask of you? You know we want you off our coat tails.

where do i start i find it very interesting this letter just now surfaces, and its being posted by a first time poster. UMM TWU international behind the smear campaign. And all of you out there who thought the TWU officers would recieve jobs is blown out of the water, the PHX station chair and LAS station chair Gary Gould will represent the west members and yes they are both hub people:(

The IAM is sticking up for its members, unlike the ibt who wants to exclude stock clerks who have been in the IAM/US CBA since 1949 and Utility also.

Perhaps finally bringing the "Machinists" back to the IAM the hard way.

The real reason is they don't have enough cards.

My last in-person report from the Sea Shell Lounge in Moon Township indicates that's not true. Perhaps I'll need to recon further when next in the 'Burgh.

The Burgh is not the center of US Airways anymore.

If they had enough cards the NMB would have declared an election all ready and not all this hankering about eliminating classifactions from voting would have occured.

How many NMB elections have you been part of?

If they had enough cards the NMB would have declared an election all ready and not all this hankering about eliminating classifactions from voting would have occured.

Wasn't there an objection or two that the IAM put into the NMB? Correct me if I'm wrong but if the IAM wasn't worried about the number of cards the IBT had why did they object to anything the IBT wanted to do? If there wasn't enough cards then just let things happen.

The IAM objected to the cutoff date and the ibt's desire to eliminate eligible voters.

Because the IAM wants all of the eligible voters to have a say, that is democracy.

Back