Evidence: Local 580 Sold Ramp Out

Seems we have a difference of opinion as to who has a right to vote for mechanic's issues. I for one don't think that a stock clerk or a aircraft cleaner has a right to determine my future. Thier own yes but not a mechanic, but I know that you will disagree with that and have since you are a leach on the mechanic's buttocks.

The Burgh is not the center of US Airways anymore.

No, but in my travels (and living there for a time) there was a relatively good sample of IAM represented folks who were usually pretty good about predicting what would happen (contract votes, strike votes, and the like).

And if the M (in the M and R) up there are making noises about the IBT having the cards, I'm tempted to believe them. Viva la Frank and all that (where is delldude here?).

If they had enough cards the NMB would have declared an election all ready and not all this hankering about eliminating classifactions from voting would have occured.

How many NMB elections have you been part of?

One, actually. And I'm still pissed that the UFCW nudged the IBT (At the time, I would have made more money). This was obviously years before the whole "Change to Win" stuff came about.

Again, perhaps the IBT is appealing to the IAM's "core" constituency, and not the "hangers on." "Related" is a sick joke and a drag on the profession (or, so sayeth my recon at the Sea Shell Lounge in Moon Township). Perhaps utility drinks at McCoys or the Hanger.....

You were NLRB, not NMB, there is a big differance.

And only time will tell what actually will happen. None of us know.

The IAM is sticking up for its members, unlike the ibt who wants to exclude stock clerks who have been in the IAM/US CBA since 1949 and Utility also.

Why is the ibt afraid of having every eligble member vote?

The real reason is they don't have enough cards.

Remember the ibt is the one who filed with the board to exclude Stock Clerks and Utility, not the IAM.
The ibt are sticks up for it members. just want them ( stock clerks) under different agreement.

You can't just remove a classification who have been on the CBA since 1949, and I guess forgot how they want no furloughed Utility to vote either.

You can't just remove a classification who have been on the CBA since 1949, and I guess forgot how they want no furloughed Utility to vote either.

Because they've been there since 1949 does not beget that it was not stupid to begin with.

But they can preclude and did, the stock clerks at HP from being on the M&R contract not so long ago. And what about the "reasonable expectation to return to work" clause?? I don't believe that the furloughed utility employees have that expectation, do you?

And how did this one wind up nothing about the ramp??

But they can preclude and did, the stock clerks at HP from being on the M&R contract not so long ago. And what about the "reasonable expectation to return to work" clause?? I don't believe that the furloughed utility employees have that expectation, do you?

And how did this one wind up nothing about the ramp??

we KNOW how it became an M&R issue... but to get back to the topic at hand. I have spotted the old 580 prez out and about back working the ramp so I guess that answers his Quid Pro Quo.......

we KNOW how it became an M&R issue... but to get back to the topic at hand. I have spotted the old 580 prez out and about back working the ramp so I guess that answers his Quid Pro Quo.......

Pat had to go through ramp training again as he was away for so long sitting on his fat duff and feeding his face. He was observed wearing his green vest waxing philosophic and jack-jawing about how important he is while his classmates loaded an aircraft. This evening, he was reportedly observed sitting for hours in the breakroom watching the Suns game.

And if the M (in the M and R) up there are making noises about the IBT having the cards, I'm tempted to believe them. Viva la Frank and all that (where is delldude here?).
HELLO..... :lol:
Again, perhaps the IBT is appealing to the IAM's "core" constituency, and not the "hangers on." "Related" is a sick joke and a drag on the profession (or, so sayeth my recon at the Sea Shell Lounge in Moon Township). Perhaps utility drinks at McCoys or the Hanger.....

seems we both have our sources Clue......not by any means attempting to assassinate yours.....
my understanding in the PIT arena,most of the sluggo types have lent there posterior to the IBT side.however the majority seem content at doing their assigned job under IAM auspices.only a vote will ultimately tell the real story.PIT now is a high time base and most are looking at what they have now with IAM and are content at their retirement verbage which under IBT is quite openended at the least.

Sea Shell,eh?

hmmm...maybe we have crossed paths..... :lol:

I hope you see the real reason IBT is attempting to separate class and craft...they do not have the count with all bundled or they wouldn't be going down that pike.
soon all will see the intentions of both groups. ;)

Back