Evidently, Jw Lied To His Own Bod Supporters

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
At the BOD meeting on 26JUL and 27JUL in Dallas, JW told the BOD that the DOL had requested an extension until 07SEP to issue a final ruling on the election complaints. What the letter actually said was that the DOL was confirming with JW the extension of the time by which the DOL could file suit against the APFA regarding the election. Quelle surprise! The text of the letter is posted below. Note the date on the letter.

July 21, 2004

Mr. John Ward, President
Association of Professional Flight Attendants
1004 West Euless Blvd.
Euless, TX 76040

Dear Mr. Ward,

This letter confirms our agreement extending the time within which
the Secretary of Labor may file suit under Title IV of the Labor-
Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959 (LMRDA), 29 U.S.C.
401-484 as described below.

The office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) received a complaint
under section 402 of the LMRDA, 29 USC 482, concerning the May 10-12
runoff election of officers of the Association of Professional Flight
Attendants (APFA) and OLMS is conducting an investigation concerning
that matter. This letter confirms our agreement that the time within
which the Secretary of Labor may file suit under section 402 of the
LMRDA based on the filing of that complaint be extended to September
7, 2004. For that purpose, APFA waives any defenses APFA might
otherwise have regarding the timeliness of a civil action based on
the filing of the complaint which might be brought by the Secretary
of Labor under Section 402 of the LMRDA on or before the extended
date of September 7, 2004.

Please indicate your acceptance of this agreement by signing in the
space provided below and returning the original of this letter to me
in the enclosed envelope. I have enclosed a copy of the agreement
with my signature for your records.

Sincerely,

Kermit Perkins
District Director

John Nikides, the APFA base chair for LAX-D, sent the following email to all base chairs (i.e., the BOD), vice-chairs, and all the National Officers including JW as his response to finding out today about the true contents of the letter.
[I edited out the DOL letter because I had already posted it on this thread.]

John's email

Hello everybody:

The letter below was just posted on the 4m and I wanted to pass it along to you.

While, clearly, I am not an attorney, I can read, and it appears to me, from the clear language of this letter, that the DOL has, in fact, confirmed, in writing, that the September 7th date is not the date of final ruling, but, rather, the date on which the DOL may file suit against the APFA for failure to act.

Has anybody else seen this letter?

I am hereby requesting that John:

1. inform the BOD as to whether he was in possession of this letter on July 27, 2004, and, if not, on what date did he receive it.

2. expedite fax to each BOD member a copy of the July 13, 2004 DOL letter, which was shown to us and then taken back at the BOD meeting on July 27, 2004.

3. expedite fax to each BOD member all correspondence between APFA and the DOL with regard to this case from the date of request for extension to the present time.

Thank you.

John Nikides
LAX Chairperson

I believe that Mr. Nikides understands the magnitude of the situation. It is clear that Ward has lied to everyone, including his supporters. If I was a Ward supporter on the BOD, I'd be covering my behind right now. Ward will blame whomever he can, except himself.

Those people that are on the Ward train had better get off at the next station because it is about to become a train wreck.

I wish John WAArd a life of living hell when he returns to the line. Hey John, how about going to UAL and working for your friend Jane Allen? The two of you are a perfect match!

jimntx said:
Is it not interesting that those who so vociferously supported JW have had no spin to offer on this latest revelation?
[post="169331"][/post]​
i'm sure jay narey will be coming up with some of his usual misinformational drivel shortly.

I have said this numerous times, and I will say it again. As long as there is no-one with less than 5 years seniority in a national officer position or a BOD position then the biases and the corruption will continue. I agreee THB should be the president, and in the end I believe she will be, fact is she still has over 30 years with this company { side note } ( THB--consider retirement it's past your time ). I hope she stands on the principles she ran on when campaigning for the office, but we have seen first hand where those who are directly effected by the outcomes of any disaster in the airline industry including 9/11 that they tend to look out for themselves and their friends. The only way this union will be able to function, as a union, is to have equal representation across the board! I doubt this will happen, and for this very reason, is why I say, and still say, we need a national and unbiased union to represent us as a whole. Yes, I agree there are those of you on here say that the grass is not always greener on the otherside, but lets face it....this union and its ENTIRE membership is only about themselves and not for the benefit of the group as a whole. The F/A's at AA, which I am one now again, are the Most selfish group of F/A's flying today....I have flown with them and continue to fly with them! They don't give a sh-t about you or anyone else...If you want proof..then where was WINGS when thousands of us were laid off and continue to be on furlough....There response was their organization is only for those who are currently employed....GIVE ME A BREAK!

What Unity?

Good news! I understand that a special meeting of the BOD has been or will be called for 20AUG04 which is this coming Friday. I saw on another board that 4 members of the EC called for the 20AUG meeting; JW called for a meeting on 25AUG. Secretary Hildreth is using the 20AUG date because the EC request for a meeting came in first.

jimntx said:
Good news! I understand that a special meeting of the BOD has been or will be called for 20AUG04 which is this coming Friday. I saw on another board that 4 members of the EC called for the 20AUG meeting; JW called for a meeting on 25AUG. Secretary Hildreth is using the 20AUG date because the EC request for a meeting came in first.
[post="169463"][/post]​

So long it has not been good to know ya! Is anyone on this BB based at IDF and not a WAArd supporter? It will be interesting how he is received back on the line. I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms in DFW/IDF since all of his buddies are based in DFW/IDF. But, I do know one f/a who will not welcome him back! Right Skyyggoddess?

I wonder if the BOD has seen this?

The US Department of Labor CERTIFICATION Tally - Please note that it
uses the word "certification". There was a question as to whether
or not the vote tally was certified.

U.S. Department of Labor Employment Standards Administration
Office of Labor-Management Standards
Nashville District Office
Suite 110, 233 Cumberland Bend Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 736-5905
(615) 376-7148 (Fax)

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
Euless, Texas

Case Numbers: 420-13266(01) and 420-13268(01)

CERTIFICATION FOR TALLY OF
SIXTEEN CHALLENGED BALLOTS

Date of Tally: April 12, 2004 Location: Conference Room
Whitley Penn
1701 River Run Rd.
Suite 507
Ft. Worth, TX

BALLOT RECONCILIATION

Valid Ballots Counted: 16
Void Ballots: 0
Total Ballots Opened: 16

RESULTS FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT:

Ballots Cast for TOMMIE L. HUTTO-BLAKE: 14
Ballots Cast for JOHN WARD: 2

OLMS CANDIDATES/OBSERVERS

Ann Woodward Kermit Perkins
Tommie L. Hutto-Blake Steven M. Watson

jimntx said:
[post="169463"][/post]​

Well, now it seems that the BOD meeting is back to the 25th. Of course, there is not a word on the APFA website. Quelle surprise! Of course, the website still hasn't acknowledged that the 16 ballots were counted.

"If no one mentions the elephant in the living room, it's not a problem."

RogerRoger said:
I wonder if the BOD has seen this?

The US Department of Labor CERTIFICATION Tally - Please note that it
uses the word "certification". There was a question as to whether
or not the vote tally was certified.
U.S. Department of Labor Employment Standards Administration
Office of Labor-Management Standards
Nashville District Office
Suite 110, 233 Cumberland Bend Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 736-5905
(615) 376-7148 (Fax)

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
Euless, Texas

Case Numbers: 420-13266(01) and 420-13268(01)

CERTIFICATION FOR TALLY OF
SIXTEEN CHALLENGED BALLOTS

So according to this - the votes were certified. Isn't that what the above sentence means?