Express classification to cover gate work in hub cities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw79

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Expect a lot of major changes at the hubs and who is handling the flights. Also expect a good deal of changes to the faces of those who run the operation.

The way I read this is express employees can work the gates in the hub cities? Loss of many jobs for mainline employees if this is the case. Am I interpreting this wrong? Thanks for any info.
6.gif'']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 5:24:17 PM dfw79 wrote:

Expect a lot of major changes at the hubs and who is handling the flights. Also expect a good deal of changes to the faces of those who run the operation.
----------------
[/blockquote]
All this means is that a new classification is going to be created called express. Just as you have gate, ticket counter, baggage, etc. If a mainline agent is laid off, they can opt to bid the express if they want to. At 13.00 per hour.

In my uneducated read of the contract that Eric was nice enough to send e-mail...The express cl***ification is new because (correct me if im wrong) mainline have not been boarding flights for either WO or affialiate express carriers and it looks like this function in some cases will now be handled by mainline but the pay rate will be as an express...The function is supposed let the new mainline express employees temporarily fill in at a gate where mainline empoyees are not available, but not a permanent repacement to board mainline aircraft...So it looks like there just allowing for some crossover help when needed...But this could affect the overall staffing requirements and decisions for each location where this applies...DCA,LGA and BOS only...Express cl***ifications would handle express only at the hubs and any station that switched entirely to express...

Status
Not open for further replies.