Extension of CARES act less likely

We coulda done that 2-3 months ago if we hadn't all been a buncha babies about masks.
Masks good, masks no good.
Certain masks good, others no good. Wear anything because it's better than nothing, then no neck gaters, then no masks with valves.
With all that flip flopping on masks you wonder why so many are defiant and use their better judgment.

We’ll I would say based on reading today it’s very unlikely there will be an agreement for a new deal.
So next on the horizon will be more job cuts and pay cuts in the next 3 to 4 months
Our so called leaders are just so lame and while I get the money issues with long term effects
These are unprecedented times.
Never thought I would see pay cuts again but it’s going to happen

Certain masks good, others no good. Wear anything because it's better than nothing, then no neck gaters, then no masks with valves.
With all that flip flopping on masks you wonder why so many are defiant and use their better judgment.

At UA, we can't wear masks with a valve or a filter while working, or for passengers boarding an aircraft. It can either be a N95; surgical type; or cloth mask, or a neck gaiter that covers up to your nose. All UA employees have been receiving branded washable cloth masks - I think that Clorox had a hand in making. They come six in a package. They are pretty comfortable to wear for extended periods, since the ear loops are adjustable. (Before the UA branded masks, I wore a N95, and it is very difficult to breathe while working.) I think when it gets colder in a couple of months, I will probably be wearing a gaiter around my neck for convience.

But the mask situation is IMHO very strange since a lot of people don't want to wear them. But I'm in a state where it is pretty much mandatory to wear masks.

I don't think so. I get where you're coming from, but the idea of a "quick trip" through Ch.11 no longer exists post-COVID. I think anyone filing will be filing Ch.7.

next on the horizon is what the airlines wanted all along - payroll support after laying off.

all airlines will file if payroll support doesn't occur.
It is playing out this way. The airlines all need to get smaller since Covid has continued to devastate travel. Another possibility is the govt changing the way airlines are handled. Bankruptcy is well associated with airlines which go from feast to famine in the blink of an eye. Airlines were on a great roll before Covid and now they are a wreck. I would think the govt is tired of bailing them out without more control over how they do business. Hate to see people lose their jobs but it appears that demand may take longer than hoped for to return.

It is playing out this way. The airlines all need to get smaller since Covid has continued to devastate travel. Another possibility is the govt changing the way airlines are handled. Bankruptcy is well associated with airlines which go from feast to famine in the blink of an eye. Airlines were on a great roll before Covid and now they are a wreck. I would think the govt is tired of bailing them out without more control over how they do business. Hate to see people lose their jobs but it appears that demand may take longer than hoped for to return.[/QUOTE

I believe SWA n may be DL said the business travelers wont return for up to a decade. This winter flu n covid combo is likely to make matter far worse compounding by any potential blizzard. Good luck to everyone

"Better Judgement" ?

W - T - F is soooo hard to understand about Masks ???????

Just like Dr Fauci stated back before the spring flowers bloomed, USE an N95 MASK !!!

It's called an N95 because it filters out EVERYTHING, 95% of the time, both IN + OUT !!!

So sad 32K airline employees are being furloughed through no fault of their own.

And what about the millions of bar, restaurant, cruise and hotel workers who didn't get that extra six months of pay and benefits that the airline workers did?

Yeah, I'm glad my co-workers got a lifeline. But it's a bit specious to claim that airline workers deserve another lifeline. We've had six months to get our affairs in order. Others didn't.

The only thing I'd support right now would be letting airline workers get the $600 payments everyone else got up until July 30. Let them qualify for three months of extra UI to soften the blow. Same thing for the 29,000 Disney workers that were let go this week as well.

I don't think so. I get where you're coming from, but the idea of a "quick trip" through Ch.11 no longer exists post-COVID. I think anyone filing will be filing Ch.7.

I agree. I don't see too many banks or investors willing to bet on an industry that's going to be 70% of its previous size, especially when most of the furniture has already been mortgaged to other creditors.

The only thing bankruptcy would be good for is getting rid of leased airplanes and real estate.

Its terrible bout the industries across usa. Here in MD a crab house that had been serving public since the 50s closed up today. This all is why I tell my coworkers that CH11 bankruptcy is a very real possibility bec if mgmt was surprised by downturn in travel well even when vaccine comes out itll still be quite while before normal is established. Neither Republican nor Democrat ate really in a hurry to help. Sure dems have made repeated proposals only see Mitch block it. Both parties really need to be ousted. We the people regardless what industry work are paying heavy toll. The airline industry is more of national security than restaurants n bars

Reactions: 1986Mekanic
The republicans may have brought about bills and voted and I agree a clean extension would be better but we are past that now.
People’s livelihoods are now being effective
Find a compromise that the wicked witch Pelosi can agree to and get it done

The wicked Biatch and her crew need to move. As indicated in this new article she never budges, not one inch, so F8ck her and her party. Exect Order needs to be done.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/treasury-upping-offer-democrats-pass-110626657.html

Latest posts