F/A Attrition ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another set of "new" totals. Again, I am assuming through 31May.
------For 2008-------------------May, 2008
Domestic 178.........................33
Internatl 121.........................26
Total 299.........................59

Retirees 159..........................33
Just in...first set of "final" numbers for June. :lol: The assumption is that totals are YTD through the end of June. Again, I derive monthly totals by subtracting current yearly total from last month's "last" total (seen above).

-----For 2008-------------------June, 2008
Domestic 207........................29
Internatl 143........................22
Total 350........................51

Retirees 188........................29

Attrition down in every category. Average Monthly attrition down to 58.33. Draw from that what you will.

I heard through the grapevine that she had a stroke earlier this year, unfortunately. I'm 63, and she started flying for American when I was in the 2nd grade(1952). But, I'll give her this. She flew her line, or at least she was flying it the last I heard before her stroke.

Just think, the #1 is now going to be Oct., 1958. Can't you just feel the corps getting younger by the minute? :lol:

Just in...first set of "final" numbers for June. :lol: The assumption is that totals are YTD through the end of June. Again, I derive monthly totals by subtracting current yearly total from last month's "last" total (seen above).

Domestic 207........................29
Internatl 143........................22
Total 350........................51

Retirees 188........................29

Attrition down in every category. Average Monthly attrition down to 58.33. Draw from that what you will.

And, here only 8 days later, a NEW set of "final" numbers for June (unless they have started including early July departures. You never know. ;) )

Dom 212...............................34
Intrl 149................................28
Totl 361................................62

Retire 197..............................38

Average Attrition for first 6 months of 2008 back up to 60.167/mo.

I especially don't need your good wishes. I have an income that ensures that I don't need this job. I stayed the first 3 years for the fun of it. I'm staying now for spite. Just to point out inconvenient reality to you lifers. Just hope that AA makes it. Because most of you could not survive in a real job.

Jim
Have you considered taking an overage leave to spare someone junior to you since you really just hang around for spite? We need all the help we can get to mitigate the furloughs.

I don't suppose it even crossed your mind that the post was a joke. Senses of humor and sensitivity to subtle irony/sarcasm seem to be sadly lacking in a large number of AA f/as on this forum. Oh well. :(

I don't suppose it even crossed your mind that the post was a joke. Senses of humor and sensitivity to subtle irony/sarcasm seem to be sadly lacking in a large number of AA f/as on this forum. Oh well. :(

I just know that you repeatedly talk about how this was a post retirement gig for you and that you don't need the job, so I was just wondering.

You must realize I am Dallas based, so I had to check my sense of humor in before they let me transfer in 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.