FA Attrition

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
I was browsing around on the Flight Service website this morning and found a link to Attrition Summary! It's under My Tools. It does not give a month-by-month breakdown like the old chart--only an annual.
Total Attrition:
2006 - 1879
2007 -1235

For this year:
Domestic - 44
Int'l - 21
Total: 65

Of the 65, 35 were retirees; so, we had 30 quit, died, retired, got fired.

I'm assuming that these figures are just the January attrition. If we check it every month, we should be able to extrapolate the previous month's attrition.

Does anyone have any hard numbers on how many flight attendants actually get fired? Every f/a that I have known to be fired reappears within months with backpay! :huh:

Not many. I just heard the other day that a f/a who was fired for not doing ANY service in F/C on a 2+ hour flight is getting his job back even though the company found out about it from a letter written by an EP. And, when I say no service I mean just that. He didn't even take preferences or serve a round of drinks. He stayed in the galley the entire flight. And no, this was not an isolated incident. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back. The company could no longer ignore the fact that other f/as were having to do his job while he collected the same pay.

The Blessed Order of the Perpetually Trip-Removed can't seem to do anything about the company building 2-day sequences worth 12.10 that have 8.55 hours of unpaid airport sitting included, but they can always get your job back no matter how useless you are.

Well Jim, that is kind of good news to me...cause after my day yesterday I kind of expect to be placed on performance coach and counseling. The day so far has cost me a $1500 speeding ticket,(at the moment I am very popular with my sons high school friends, reckless driving, awesome!) an estimated $2000 for a lawyer, and a missed trip that leaves me $600 shorter. Lesson learned...priceless. :p

Virginia has some very stiff fines for excessive speed!

Those aren't fines... they're extortion. Not to mention the fact you pay not only once but for the following three years...

Glad to hear they put the stats back on the website in at least some form. Interesting that attrition was so much lower last year...

Extrapolated February Attrition: (I subtracted the January figures from the currently posted totals to "assume" February attrition.)

Domestic: 25
Int'l: 27
Total: 52

Of the 52, 26 were retirees.

YTD Totals:
Domestic: 69
Intl: 48
Total: 117
Retirees: 61

Extrapolated February Attrition: (I subtracted the January figures from the currently posted totals to "assume" February attrition.)

Domestic: 25
Int'l: 27
Total: 52

Of the 52, 26 were retirees.

YTD Totals:
Domestic: 69
Intl: 48
Total: 117
Retirees: 61

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jimntx,

Always with good info. :up:

Now a question,

How many(AA+LLC) f/a's who were furloughed in 01', are still awaiting to receive their "FIRST" offer to return ?

Thanx

Jim, I show 39 for Jan and 52 for Feb, 91 total.

MK

I'm just going by what is posted on the Flight Service Website, My Tools, Attrition Summary. Since they only show YTD totals, in each category, I subtracted the January numbers from the currently posted totals to get the February numbers. If those are wrong, you'll have to take that up with whoever maintains the Flight Service website.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jimntx,

Always with good info. :up:

Now a question,

How many(AA+LLC) f/a's who were furloughed in 01', are still awaiting to receive their "FIRST" offer to return ?

Thanx

There are currently 1198 APFA members on the recall list waiting to return to their careers. The most senior on the list was hired in October 1977 and the most junior was hired in April 1996.

There are an additional 874 original hire AA and 651 former TWA flight attendants that are anxiously looking to their Union brothers and sisters and AA for the chance to have their recall right reinstated.

There is a grassroots bag tag campaign organized and funded by an activist group of former TWA flight attendants to bring attention to the fact these folks were left behind in the recent 2 year recall rights extension. So far, there are about 1000 "Recall 4 AAll" bag tags out in the system with more to come.

Not only is it a fundamental union principle but a long held American value to leave no one behind. These folks lost their job as a consequence of an unimaginable national tragedy. I hope the entire APFA membership if not every company employee can get behind this effort to convince AA to do the right thing and bring all of these people back when the need arises.

There are currently 1198 APFA members on the recall list waiting to return to their careers. The most senior on the list was hired in October 1977 and the most junior was hired in April 1996.

There are an additional 874 original hire AA and 651 former TWA flight attendants that are anxiously looking to their Union brothers and sisters and AA for the chance to have their recall right reinstated.

There is a grassroots bag tag campaign organized and funded by an activist group of former TWA flight attendants to bring attention to the fact these folks were left behind in the recent 2 year recall rights extension. So far, there are about 1000 "Recall 4 AAll" bag tags out in the system with more to come.

Not only is it a fundamental union principle but a long held American value to leave no one behind. These folks lost their job as a consequence of an unimaginable national tragedy. I hope the entire APFA membership if not every company employee can get behind this effort to convince AA to do the right thing and bring all of these people back when the need arises.

It's not going to happen! Why? AA F/A's are the MOST unsupportive, Selfish, group in the entire Airline system! You ask, What do I mean? Look at whats's going on..They DON'T care...My past Posts, since I have been on this board , support what I am saying...From the first recall, to the last recall,,,,It's only about themselves...Unfortuantely, those from TWA returning have the same attitude...It's their choice...They have the seniority, as the argument goes, they deserve it , as the argument goes, it's their right....I have flown with you ladys/guys from TWA...You are some of " the Best" in the entire system, but the last TWA lady I flew with, who is just happens to be the neighbor of Mayor Bloomberg in NYC, quoted " I love what I do, and that's why I do it". Guess what honey? You have just thrown those of your fellow TWA/AA F/A's under the bus who "REALLY" needed this job to survive..I am glad you flew Cairo, Tel Aviv, etc...Now what? This is LGA/ORD! This is called an MD-80 not a 747, It's your job! Make it happen!