Fangs A Lot!

Lets talk about the BIG PICTURE.....DP has said many times that AWA was on the verge of bankruptcy....but he always got his bonus...as did all the executives. So that is just more AWA "BIG BOY" talk. As for WE are the new LCC...from what I have been hearing...the AWA employees are being treated like Poop...by the old US employees. So that is just more double talk. Now for DOH....this is not your ( the old US Airways ) game.....it will go to the arbitrator and it will not be DOH....for that would cost the NEW LCC to much money.....so that is the end of that. As for kicking some LCC butt.....your dream'n. Now as for your last comment **If you have faith in DP prove it by seeing this airline grow.** So what are you saying...lay down and let ALPA and the old US pilots run over the AWA pilots???? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. 2 for 1 is how it should go.
Yes LCC will make it..........but for how long. AWA folks have been working with TPG for ever and we know how they work. :rant: :cop: :shock: :ninja:

It must get terribly lonely sitting up there judging everyone you believe to be beneath you. Happy whatever you've chosen to celebrate, Row.

-------------

Wishing all of you the best possible outcome under these very strained and stressful circumstances.

Lets talk about the BIG PICTURE.....DP has said many times that AWA was on the verge of bankruptcy....but he always got his bonus...as did all the executives. So that is just more AWA "BIG BOY" talk. As for WE are the new LCC...from what I have been hearing...the AWA employees are being treated like Poop...by the old US employees. So that is just more double talk. Now for DOH....this is not your ( the old US Airways ) game.....it will go to the arbitrator and it will not be DOH....for that would cost the NEW LCC to much money.....so that is the end of that. As for kicking some LCC butt.....your dream'n. Now as for your last comment **If you have faith in DP prove it by seeing this airline grow.** So what are you saying...lay down and let ALPA and the old US pilots run over the AWA pilots???? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. 2 for 1 is how it should go.
Yes LCC will make it..........but for how long. AWA folks have been working with TPG for ever and we know how they work. :rant: :cop: :shock: :ninja:

ZFLYGRL,
I'll help you out here. This is how I think it's going to go. DOH starting somewhere between '80 to '83. I could be off by a year or two either way.
Slotting,on a scale that gives credit for years of service, but not full credit, after the last DOH pilot. The slotting ratio will change as it works to the bottom of the list.The muddy part is the bottom of the list. The AW pilots with 5+/- or less years vs AAA pilots with 10+years, but not active. Someone is going to take a huge kick in the head down there.
On a personal note, after 5 "Good Mornings" to AW C/O's mid Nov.to mid Dec., I get no responce. What's up with that?

We've been around this before. Apparently, the job description for an airline pilot includes clarvoyance.

And here in the real world, people who are laid off don't jump in a job (having one), position (bidding seniority), or pay over those who have a job.

People working for failing/failed companies don't reap windfalls in a merger. Nor does the guy from Enron jump the guy working for Microsoft.

The guy with better career expectations (say, a 7 year upgrade at AWA versus the 20+ one at the old US) does not take one in the shorts on behalf of those who have been around since the stone age.

But hey, apparently the job of airline pilot does not necessarily beget exposure to reality.

From a different perspective, US-East is NOTHING BUT merged airlines... DOH is all most of these employees own. You won't meet many people who started with "USAir".. everyone is Allegheny, PSA, Piedmont, Trump Shuttle, Mohawk, Empire, etc.

I'm not saying we must merge DOH, but it would make it easier for the West folks to realize that DOH is all that the East work groups know of, as that's how *every* merger involving this airline has worked.

EVERY?

Even with asterisked emphasis EVERY?

Did the Trump Shuttle merger go date-of-hire? Did I miss something?

EVERY???

The Empire merger did not go DOH for pilots, either.

That was the work of the PI MEC when they bought Empire. When AAA bought PI, the AAA MEC tried to right the wrong but couldn't. Empire pilots did get credit though for years of service for pay, vacation, pass riding, etc.

PA18,none of those airlines you mention were "merged". They were bought, cash and stock, by Allegheny. Now the employee groups were merged, but that's it. And yes, along the way, Allegheny changed it's name to US Air, but in name only. And then US Airways.
This thing with AAA and AW is a true merger. Outside money put AAA and AW together.AAA and AW put up nothing.

How do you expect the AWA pilots (or the UA pilots in 2000 for that matter) to react to that kind of approach?
[/quote]

Yes the 2 headed UAL freak rears it ugly head again. Mr Know-it-all and Mr I-am-right.

He sounds just like his marriage story... coming to be right and looking for a fight.

How do you expect the AWA pilots (or the UA pilots in 2000 for that matter) to react to that kind of approach?
Yes the 2 headed UAL freak rears it ugly head again. Mr Know-it-all and Mr I-am-right.

He sounds just like his marriage story... coming to be right and looking for a fight.

Well, well, well... Merry Christmas to you too, BF.

Funny thing is, as usual, you are the only one who spins my words into some dark and horrible meaning, and are the only one who gets offended. Why is that???

Perhaps a look in the mirror will tell you who is actually looking for a fight.

Have the last word if you must. Too much good spirit this time of year to waste time boxing with someone like you.

Enjoy your holidays! :up:

On a personal note, after 5 "Good Mornings" to AW C/O's mid Nov.to mid Dec., I get no responce. What's up with that?

That is normal for people from PHX. They will avoid eye contact and ignore attempts at chit-chat. Nothing personal. It's a survival mechanism. People that want to start conversations in public in the PHX metro are oftentimes panhandling or want something. If you live here for awhile you will act the same, eventually. :cold:

Lets talk about the BIG PICTURE.....DP has said many times that AWA was on the verge of bankruptcy....but he always got his bonus...as did all the executives.

There are about 12 airline CEO's out there and a few hundred thousand airline employees out there. Boo hoo, you aren't one of the 12, you should have applied yourself.

And here in the real world, people who are laid off don't jump in a job (having one), position (bidding seniority), or pay over those who have a job.

People working for failing/failed companies don't reap windfalls in a merger. Nor does the guy from Enron jump the guy working for Microsoft.

The guy with better career expectations (say, a 7 year upgrade at AWA versus the 20+ one at the old US) does not take one in the shorts on behalf of those who have been around since the stone age.

But hey, apparently the job of airline pilot does not necessarily beget exposure to reality.

A Freaking Men to that!

Yep, in the real world, you get judged by how you personally do, your own productivity and all that. No union to protect you. But the seniority rules were laid down long before I was born, as was the Railway Labor Act (I'm sure glad it prevents passenger railroads from shutting down!)

A Freaking Men to that!

Yep, in the real world, you get judged by how you personally do, your own productivity and all that. No union to protect you. But the seniority rules were laid down long before I was born, as was the Railway Labor Act (I'm sure glad it prevents passenger railroads from shutting down!)
What real world?? China, India.. In the good ol USA you are pre-judged by which family you are born into, which college you could afford. Then acctually judged on who your friends are . Mediocrity is the norm in CEO's as well as the hundreds of airline VP's, most had to prove nothing by to be the son/daughter of... Or be so full of s&%t and suck up to all those that have to be accepted into the group. Uncle toms....lol