AWA / AAA Seniority Integration Hearing Transcripts

Cactus737

Advanced
Jun 15, 2007
I think a large part of the reason that the US Airways pilots were so surprised by the Nicolau Award is because the AAA MEC was mismanaging the pilot group's expectations. The largest part of this was in the AAA MEC masking what was really going on at the hearing. While the AWA MEC was posting the arbitration transcripts on the internet every day, the AAA MEC was only posting slanted editorial typed up by one pilot. Few if any AAA pilots actually got to see for themselves how bad of a case their Merger Committee was putting on.

If anybody is interested, all of the hearing transcripts are available for download at the following link:

AWA / AAA Hearing Transcripts

nostrildamus: is that your explanation for why the AAA MEC didn't want the AAA pilots to see the daily transcripts?

nostrildamus: is that your explanation for why the AAA MEC didn't want the AAA pilots to see the daily transcripts?

Judging by the defensive tone, I guess he doesn't care that it's his MEC that screwed him.

The overwhelming majority of US Airways pilots support the MEC's seniority integration efforts. Either the parties find a solution to the problem or remain separate or I predict the company could fail over this issue.

Furthermore, I understand Doug Parker fully understands this.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot, look what I found today.

"The two pilot groups made every decision along the way. They raised their own funds to pay for their own counsel. They gave direction to their merger committees regarding what positions to take in both the negotiations and mediation and ultimately the decision to send the issue to arbitration over the method of integrating the seniority lists. They consented to the fact that the decision would be, as ALPA policy states, "final and binding.""

ALPA - President's Corner

Complete Statement

Isn't this the same Captain John Prater you have been oft quoting?

USA320Pilot, look what I found today.

"The two pilot groups made every decision along the way. They raised their own funds to pay for their own counsel. They gave direction to their merger committees regarding what positions to take in both the negotiations and mediation and ultimately the decision to send the issue to arbitration over the method of integrating the seniority lists. They consented to the fact that the decision would be, as ALPA policy states, "final and binding.""

ALPA - President's Corner

Complete Statement

Isn't this the same Captain John Prater you have been oft quoting?

It is the same old stuff over and over again; however, I will try again. "Final and binding" assuming ALPA merger policy is followed. It is the East MECs postition that it was not, thus, final and binding is moot. Surely there must be some assumption that merger policy will be followed. I think a judge and jury would think so too.

I for one am ready to recover, in court, damages from ALPA for not following their own policy. I am sure there will be class-actions also.

I for one have had enough, make the thing final so I can contact an attorney and let's get it on. Maybe I will be able to retire after all. Any attorneys out there willing to take the case? PM me when this thing gets finalized.

Fixer, the real reason I posted that is because of USA320Pilot's proclivity for naming people, ad nauseum, to buttress his arguments and then conveniently forgetting about those same people when they say something contrary to USA320Pilot's views.

I'll give you a case in point, Robert W. Mann, Jr. Robert Mann is an aviation consultant who is oft quoted in various trade publications. There was a period of time where USA320Pilot was quoting Mr. Mann frequently on these boards, primarily around the time of the bankruptcies. He seemingly was always quoting Mr. Mann (and others) in his posts, always making it seem that whoever was being quoted was in lockstep with USA320Pilot's view of the world.

I doubt that it is anymore the case with Mr. Mann, because Mr. Mann was a consultant and expert witness on behalf of the AWA pilots in the Nicolau arbitration. I read part of the transcripts last night and was surprised to see Mr. Mann as a witness.

Now, today, I find a very interesting quote from the same Captain John Prater that USA320Pilot has been using as a seeming battering ram on why the AWA pilots have a responsibility to negotiate away what they won in arbitration. I wonder if USA320Pilot will be using Captain Prater's name, in a positive light, in his posts in the future.

Anyway Fixer, I really do wish you a good day and many more of them.

Advice to you, gentlemen

"Never get into a pi@s#sing contest with a skunk."

unknown author

It's hardly a pxxxxng contest - but I'll agree with the skunk part.

Another excerpt from Prater's comments:

ALPA merger policy requires me, the other national officers, the Executive Council, and ALPA staff to maintain “a neutral position on the meritsâ€￾ with respect to seniority integration.

They don't want to see that because to do so would mean that they would have to admit their own sold them out!

Your continually professed pleasure with Czar Nicolau simply does not preclude any revolution :lol:

The overwhelming majority of US Airways pilots support the MEC's seniority integration efforts. Either the parties find a solution to the problem or remain separate or I predict the company could fail over this issue.

Furthermore, I understand Doug Parker fully understands this.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I think the part you really don't understand is that another merger is just around the corner. Enter UAL who is looking for gates and routes in the east and the south which makes you expendable!!! Yeah Parker gets it but you don't! Many of the east a/c are past their prime and falling apart as illistrated on this very forum.

Here's what I predict, Parker will merge again and give away some of the east overlap to SWA or Airtran or maybe even JB. The furlough notices will come out in the east and UAL will be plugged in minus the old a/c and the constant bitchin.

Your continually professed pleasure with Czar Nicolau simply does not preclude any revolution :lol:

Not following your logic here!

I'm hardly surprised.

Well your insults aside, you often speak in a code only you understand!!

Time to move on east and get a good contract. It's obvious that you don't want to live under LOA 93 or you wouldn't be begging Parker and passing resolutions demanding parity now!! If you want that 25% pay increase stop with the B.S. and lets get this thing done, if not then stop with the begging for parity now...

Latest posts