Feb stations converting to Express

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Presidents and Staff,
US Airways managment will announce today at 5:00 p.m. the following mainline
jet stations converting entirely to Express on February 9, 2003.
Station Full-time/Part-time
Burlington-BTV 12/10
Birmingham-BHM 13/7
Memphis-MEM 11/3
St. Louis-STL 13/10
Currently we have no other information about enhancements to the voluntary
furlough benefits or juniority locations for displacement. These locations
will be covered under our Restructure Agreement Attachment I, mainline
express classification.

After all the agreements that were signed off recently and this is the result.....43.5pct paycuts and retirement bennies cut in half........were now below Comair in pay structure.......nice thanks for being in the top tier of customer service in the airline industry.......

Shocker!...theres no shocking here.....any city within 1000miles of a hub is gonna be labeled mainline/express....the company has balls to come back to CWA looking for more cuts...there getting all the money they need by just taking it....paycuts 43.5 pct....were all *****ed...the hubs will be the only Usairways mainline left when there all done.....there cost savings from CWA will go from 78million a year to 178million by the time there finished.......it sucks

so does that mean only express planes will fly to memphis or will mainline planes fly but ground operations is handled by express ?

MEM is a regular jaunt for me

Robc98 said:

any city within 1000miles of a hub is gonna be labeled mainline/express

DCAflyer says:

This is a lie and you know it. Quit starting rumors... there are enough going around already. Your are irresponsible in your post.

Robc98 said any city within 1000miles of a hub is gonna be labeled mainline/express

But the hubs are within 1000 miles of each other

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/10/2002 2:03:22 PM Robc98 wrote:

.....any city within 1000miles of a hub is gonna be labeled mainline/express----------------
[/blockquote]

This is probably an overstatement, but I think you correct in asessing the overall direction the company is headed. Take a look at our route-structure - on most flights Dave could fly an A319 with mainline pilots and mainline support staff under the mainline cost structure, or he can outsource the route to the 70-seater with first class, hot meals, and the express cost-structure including $50-80/hr. pilots - half the wage of the mainline. Considering US Airways' inability to increase revenues, which option do you think has a better chance of satisfying the requirements needed to emerge from Ch. 11 and secure the ATSB loan?

Multiple reports indicate another imminent fleet redution to 245 aircraft, and a war plan of 160 aircraft. You can make a case for much of what we used to know as mainline US Airways going to the large RJ fleet, leaving the A320 fleet fly only the most heavily-travelled routes. Nobody knows for sure how low the fleet will go, but you can be sure these options are being discussed in Crystal City.

Only Express planes will fly into MainlineExpress stations. Mainline aircraft have to be worked by Mainline employees. The new title [MainlineExpress] is just a transitionary title for the CWA personnel. The ramp has no protection from furlough. The CWA has the option to take the pay/benefits cut or furlough.

I have seen personally what is happening in the DAY station. As of Monday the ramp personnel are now all provided by an outside contracted company. The CSA's are a mixture of MainlineExpress carry-overs and trainees provided by an outside contractor. Word is that most trainees get a taste of working with people on the job and soon quit [1 week]. So the MainlineExpress agents are being offered to stay around in increments, a month at a time. Latest extension date was early DEC. But said that they fully expected to be asked to remain until after the holidays.........

So that means there is a schedule change coming for feb -which currently shows some 737 service from CLT to MEM.

Wonder if we will get a direct from PHL to MEM instead of the connection via CLT or PIT

If true, they just hired someone to work with these contracts, whom is very green, they had a very small job in another department, very young, inexperienced, and now they have this position to work with all these contract....going to become a nightmare.....needs a more experinced person in this position......i am really getting worried about this company, when there are many very well trained people out on the street......just to back up my post, i work in a domestic station, this person family lives where i work, so they got to fly in space positive back and forth on oversold flights, show up at my station a total of two hours, put into their boss they were in the station for two days....best part about it, they were from international procedures.......their audit showed we were not checking people in, the way you would in an international station.....no one ever questioned or wondered why this was brought up....the regional that was assigned to us at the time, was fired after a month on his new job....he was let go, but got his job back for whatever reason....then fired again.....what a joke......I really hope Dave is looking into some of these things....I think he is to busy to care about the small stuff....which this is why we are broke, the small stuff needs to be looked into.....just like i had posted before, they had two people from catering to stay overnight, very nice hotel....arrived on the flight went to the hotel next day went and tasted the hot meal we were now serving in coach, compared to the cold meal that we had been serving....two people......GIVE ME A BREAK.......

Sorry Tad, most of the information you post is very correct, what i can see this was posted today, Sunday......and nothing has came out in writing from the company......there are many people that this could affect, so you need to advise where you got this information, if in fact it is true....have many friends working at several of these stations and not going to start calling until i see facts.....

<DELETED BY MODERATOR>Im one of those cities whose closing to mainline express and Im on the frontline with the union....take a map out and check out how many cities have been closed....PIT hub is gonna have *9* active mainline gates when this is all over...this isnt rumor...Ive never posted a rumor and anyone who knows who I am will verify it on these posts....[BR]I work in Pennsylvania and every small city except ABE and MDT have gone express....ABE is going down to ONE jet flight in January....ONE...to CLT.....after that there gonna be cooked...that leaves MDT...and I believe there gonna get wacked in time....so thats right...any city within 1000 miles of a hub is gonna be express....take that to the bank with the 13.01 hr.....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/10/2002 8:31:47 PM hopethingswillbeok wrote:

Sorry Tad, most of the information you post is very correct, what i can see this was posted today, Sunday......and nothing has came out in writing from the company......there are many people that this could affect, so you need to advise where you got this information, if in fact it is true....have many friends working at several of these stations and not going to start calling until i see facts.....
----------------
[/blockquote]

It came from TY at CWA. I dont want to post entire names here, but you should be familiar with the initials. It was sent to me by my local President and the names in the email header included all of the local presidents and other CWA staff and stewards. Many times CWA sends out things, often ending up sending the info before the company makes mention of it to the employees. Imagine that.