Fedex B737 Rumor Is False

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
It is my understanding that the potential sale of the B737s to FedEx rumor is false.

If the company executed this move, they would be in immediate violation of the CBA's on the minimum fleet count (279). Equally important, the airline is having problems getting CRJ and EMB financed or leased, given the company's financial situation.

In my opinion, one would think that whoever started this rumor would be more thoughtful than that.

I believe if we ever get new cost effective agreements in place to reduce our cost structure, maybe we could get additional Airbus aircraft and keep our heavy maintenance in-house. If not, then you could see the B737s disposed of and the company has created a contingency plan to do just that, which will be very painful for our mechanics.

If the company gets consensual union deals, then we will grow internally and through consolidation. If the airline files for bankruptcy or begins an orderly liquidation first to pay off RSA, then the airline either shuts down completely or could be downsized to less than half its current size.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts