Filling the Void....

[P]Low yield city, so I would be inclined to say no.[/P]
[P]However, with an additional 30 757s out there on the market, US has got another point to make for renegotiation of 757 leases. Or, US abrogates certain leases, dumps them, and picks up N7 757s at bargain prices.[/P]
[P]Also note that N7s 757s are RB211 engined - the same as US's.[/P]

National has not flown the DCA-LAS route for over a year and that is the open AIR21 beyond slots open that everyone is vying for.

Itrade , is making an interesting point.
I do not see U moving on any of N7's routes..because we aren't in a position to do much of anything right now.

However N7's B757's hitting the open market does present a new found position of negotiating strength with the Leasing companies...or maybe it presents a chance to ditch some of our older EX-EAL 757's?

I hate to see N7 go for obvious reasons...but they have also been a good customer in the past for Loans and Sales.

I also have a good friend that was in a good positon at National , that's now on the street too. The guy I'm talking about was a one time co-worker of ours at U...We all need to extend the good people of N7 , all the well wishes in the world!!

Gilbertguy asked:

Does UA have a big presence in LAS? Would a codeshare to West coast markets be option for US?

DCAflyer answers:

UAL has a crew base in LAS.

Will the demise of National open up that DCA-LAS more readily to US? Will U offer more LAS service from East coast markets? 18 like new 757''s dumped on market by National.....will U pickup any for long haul markets?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 10:42:30 AM DCAflyer wrote:

UAL has a crew base in LAS.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, to be more specific, UAL has a Flight Attendant base in LAS. It is very small and there is always a rumor floating around that it will close. This Doesn't mean our service to LAS would change. But many question the economics of maintaining such a small F/A domicile in a place like LAS.

On 11/7/2002 10:07:42 AM gilbertguy wrote:

Will the demise of National open up that DCA-LAS more readily to US? Will U offer more LAS service from East coast markets? 18 like new 757's dumped on market by National.....will U pickup any for long haul markets?

Both Jetblue and now AmericaWest have plans to jump into the N7 void.....will US do the same? Those 757's should become available for a song.....why no codeshare with HP?