First Impressions of American Airlines and AAdvantage

IORFA said:
They have one that has no annual fee. Just accrue 1/2 a mile per $1.
IORFA said:
They have one that has no annual fee. Just accrue 1/2 a mile per $1.
You are better off getting a new card every year (or every 90 days to get bonuses again), but if you want to keep the same account they've always waived the fee for me with no push back.

Josh

737823 said:
You are better off getting a new card every year (or every 90 days to get bonuses again), but if you want to keep the same account they've always waived the fee for me with no push back.

Josh
Agreed. They have always waived the fee. I just upgraded to the platinum card to got a 40k bonus. Fee is supposed to be $100 a year. First year is free. We will see how much they want my money come Jun of 2014.

ContUNITEus said:
I have heard very good things about AirBerlin.  Heard that they are the most generous one out there, and thus always wins awards for it...  It's a shame they don't have a US based CC.
I've used AB this summer and was not impressed.  Nothing bad but definitely not impressive either.  Don't know exactly what awards AB wins, but if their competition is trashy Euro LCCs like FR and U2 then I understand why they would win.

If you look at my post you will see I am having the same issue with my AA Barclays card. It seems that American Airlines just does not want you to use the points. I have about 52000. The original tickets person booked my flight to Seattle and told me to pay for it and upgrade to first class using the points. As of today I was told that it wasn't available. Basically they don't want you to use the points but pay for it.
I signed up for both the US Airways Barclay's MasterCard and the American Airlines AAdvantage Citi MasterCard.

AAdvantage has been a horrible experience. For someone that is a brand new customer of AA's FF program, I wish I could go back in time and not have signed up / used any of this, as this is indicative of what's to come with the new AA.

Note: US Airways gave me everything that they were supposed to 40000 miles - no issues whatsoever.

American has been a hassle. Nobody knows where the miles went/are supposed to go to/where they are at right now. Citi's customer service doesn't know how to or can't do it. So they refer me to AAdvantage. Advantage is closed on the weekends and their hold times are an average of 20 minutes and yield nothing, except to be sent back to Citi.

So right now I went through the same thing for the third time in 10 days. I called Citi and after 30 minutes of incorrect information, and letting her trip over her own statements, she realized would not be able to help me, thus referring me to AAdvantage. This time, however, I persuaded the Citi lady to stay on the line with me to see how this would go. After 20 minutes on hold, the AAdvantage represenative told me that she couldn't assist with that, thus referring to AAdvantage Customer service. (This happened exactly like this last week.) When the agent connected us to Customer Service, the hold time was going to be another 17 minutes, at which point the CIti lady said that she could no longer hold. I told her then: "at least now you understand where I am at."

Anyway, nothing was solved yet again. Been after AA for 20 days trying to figure out where the miles went.

SHAME ON YOU American Airlines.
my M