First quarter profit for AMR

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
American Airlines parent AMR Corp. on Wednesday reported that it swung to a first-quarter net profit of $81 million, or 30 cents a share, from a year-ago loss of $92 million, or 49 cents a share. The Fort Worth, Texas-based company said revenue in the three months ended March 31 rose 1.6% to $5.43 billion from $5.34 billion.

The steadily declining debt load, is probably the BEST news !
(Though I'm positive it will disappoint the AA "naysayers")

With "3" of the top seven US carriers having gotten "straightened out" in BK-11,......AA is STILL the BIG DOG.

Always BEWARE, the Big Dog !!!!!!!

NH/BB's

With "3" of the top seven US carriers having gotten "straightened out" in BK-11,......AA is STILL the BIG DOG.

NH/BB's

Honestly, NHBB, lets get real - the BIG DOG didnt get he BIG route to CHINA, now did they?? The biggest isnt always the best, I am not a naysayer, but you have to look beyond the silver lining my friend... And I wouldnt say it is rosy for AA or anyone else for that case. Put the pom poms down and pick up a picket sign.

Don't get too cocky Missy. China will be opened up soon enough. No need to worry about everyone catching up to you, it will happen.

Miami flights boost American Airlines parent's profit
Domestic service to and from Miami and Latin America were among the key contributors to AMR's profitable first quarter, American Airlines said.
Miami Herald Staff and Wire Report

The parent of American Airlines said Wednesday it earned a profit in the first quarter, reversing the loss of a year ago, thanks to fuller airplanes and higher fares, particularly on Miami-based domestic flights and service to Latin America.

story here

Don't get too cocky Missy. China will be opened up soon enough. No need to worry about everyone catching up to you, it will happen.
[/quot

TOO COCKY, NEVER... Did you perhaps read the BIG DIG comment prior to mine... LOL... now that was cocky and arrogant... I am not worried about china opening anytime soon. It wont be a "smooth" process like the EU...

NH/BB's
Oh God, would you just go away. :down:

Latest posts

Back