Five Lies Obama Will Tell Tonight

Now that Wilson's apologized, when do Obama and Reid say they're sorry?

Besides, someone yelling liar in a group like that is
like yelling "priest" at the Vatican. lol

Dude.....you should cite Thomas as it is more reflective and current...... :huh:

Once again.....which bill from which house do we cite squire???

ObAMA LIED....... :lol:
And the economy will die......

The bill is HR 3200. It's there in black and white. Unless you're illiterate, there is no way to misconstrue what the bill says about providing no coverage for people who are not in the country legally.

Simply put, WILSON LIED and made a fool of himself on national TV in the process. At least he's apologized. You seem to be completely incapable of admitting that you either lied or didn't know what you were talking about.

So here are my predictions of the five grossest untruths the President will tell Congress tonight as he trys to convince them—and the watching Americans—to let him cripple our health care industry:

(5) The President will say that there are 42 (or 47; it changes) million uninsured Americans.
This one has been heard so often and debunked so often it's just white noise. In fact, this number vastly overstates the numbers of people who are in need of health insurance. It includes some wealthy folks who choose not to buy insurance. It includes the young—college students, mostly—who choose not to buy insurance. It includes the elderly, who are eligible for Medicare, but who haven't signed up because they're not sick yet. And it includes the poor, who are eligible for Medicaid, but who don't know it. It may also include some aliens unlawfully present in the United States.

So this number—42 million—isn't the rallying cry the President would like it to be. Can you imagine him up there saying, "We need a public option for the wealthy! We need a public option for illegal aliens!"

(4) The President will say that his plan is "deficit neutral."
This sounds nice, but it is a bare-faced lie. None of the five proposals kicked around Congress has been deficit neutral—at least, not in the first decade. Even when they are supposed to be deficit neutral—ten years or more from now—they probably won't be because they rely on wild guesses about revenue from phased-in taxes on "cadillac healthcare plans" and capped tax deductions for individuals above a certain income level.

So he's going to say "deficit neutral" and we should point and laugh. It's not going to be deficit neutral. It's going to cost more than expected and the tax increases to make it deficit neutral are going to generate less revenue than expected. The only proposed plans that would be deficit neutral have been Republican plans or the suggestion of folks like the Whole Foods CEO.

(3) The President will identify some "bad guys" in his speech, probably Republicans and the health insurance industry. Maybe tonsil-stealing, foot-amputating doctors, too.
Whichever bad guys he goes with tonight, this will be his bogus claim about the people opposing health care reform. He will accuse them of going after profit at the expense of the little guy. He will portray them as standing athwart progress. He will, with great pomposity and gravity, assure his listeners that he is not going to allow that.

(2) The President will say that Republicans and his health care reform opponents don't have a plan.
He does this frequently. In fact, he did this Monday. He said that we want the status quo. This is patently false. The Republicans have issued a proposed framework and they have been batting around reform proposals.

Now, it's true that doing nothing would be better than the Democratic proposals. But Republicans think they can do even better than that, by making individual plans tax deductible (just like employer-bought plans) and by making them portable.

And the number one, most outrageous, most likely to set my hair on fire lie Obama will tell tonight:

(1) The President will say that the public option won't be subsidized.
He's going to try and reassure people that the public option isn't a trojan horse for single-payer. And he's going to do it by saying idiotic things like "it will give people more choices when it comes to selecting healthcare" and it will "provide competition for profit-driven insurers."

It is this second point that requires the lie. Everyone—even the most retarded Democratic congressman who forgets to wipe up his chin drool—knows that if the public option is subsidized at all it will not provide true competition for the private insurance market. So he will lie and say that it won't be subsidized.

This. Is. A. Lie. There is simply no way that the President or the Democrats will allow the public option to fail once it has been established. When it starts operating in the red—and it will—the Democrats will subsidize it. They will say, "Oh, we can't take people's insurance away now and we can't raise premiums for all these people!"

You obviously know it all. You should be president. NO... you should be the czar of "IT ALL". Your answer to our country's health care problems is criticize. Well now... that fixes everything.
See if you can't go away somewhere. Perhaps somewhere far that you can't find your way back from.
Then endure the hardship of making your way home. Perhaps then you'll have achieved your rite of passage into manhood. The point at which your psyche changes,and you now have insight and, most importantly real thoughts.

O said: "If you misrepresent what’s in the plan, we will call you out.â€￾ That's what Joe Wilson did. :up:

In typical arse-plodding democratic hypocrisy, they were outraged at Wilson solo shout of liar at Obama's obvious stretching of the truth.

However if we recall back in 2005 when bush spoke, the dems en-mass boo'd and jeered him. Video Link

Joe Wilson, involved a single person, in 2005 dozens of D's booed and hissed 43

The bill is HR 3200. It's there in black and white. Unless you're illiterate, there is no way to misconstrue what the bill says about providing no coverage for people who are not in the country legally.

Simply put, WILSON LIED and made a fool of himself on national TV in the process. At least he's apologized. You seem to be completely incapable of admitting that you either lied or didn't know what you were talking about.

During my illiteracy I noticed you called it HR 3200 which stands for House of Representatives. You better look again Pal....that is the Senate copy...... :lol:

Apology accepted Ace......... :mf_boff:

During my illiteracy I noticed you called it HR 3200 which stands for House of Representatives. You better look again Pal....that is the Senate copy...... :lol:

Apology accepted Ace......... :mf_boff:

H.R.3200 - America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009

That's the correct bill.

BTW, you still haven't acknowledged that the bill states plainly that people who are not in the country legally will not be eligible for coverage.

So, when you and Wilson say it will cover illegal immigrants, are you lying or illiterate? Which is it? Again, at least he apologized.

Dell, you're entitled to your own opinion (we all are), but you're not entitled to your own FACTS. The facts are right there in the bill in black and white for everyone to read. If you can't even acknowledge what the words in front of you say, what's the point of anyone ever having a discussion with you?

That's the correct bill.

BTW, you still haven't acknowledged that the bill states plainly that people who are not in the country legally will not be eligible for coverage.

So, when you and Wilson say it will cover illegal immigrants, are you lying or illiterate? Which is it? Again, at least he apologized.

Dell, you're entitled to your own opinion (we all are), but you're not entitled to your own FACTS. The facts are right there in the bill in black and white for everyone to read. If you can't even acknowledge what the words in front of you say, what's the point of anyone ever having a discussion with you?

Proof

The Democrats' bill in the House, H.R. 3200, contains gaping loopholes that will allow illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer-funded benefits. And these loopholes are no accident.

The legislation contains no verification mechanism to ensure that illegal immigrants do not apply for benefits. Republicans offered an amendment to close this loophole -- it would have required verification using the existing methods that are already in place to verify eligibility for other federal benefits programs. But, when they were asked to put the language of the bill where their words were, in a party-line vote, House Democrats rejected the amendment to require verification and close this loophole.

The bill also leaves open the possibility that if one citizen family member is eligible for benefits, then the entire family — including illegal immigrants — is also eligible for the benefits.

That's the correct bill.

111TH CONGRESS
1ST SESSION S. ll
To make quality, affordable health care available to all Americans, reduce
costs, improve health care quality, enhance disease prevention, and
strengthen the health care workforce.
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

From page one of the Senate bill....... :huh:

HR stands for House of Representatives..... :eek:

Apology accepted......

BTW....I don't recall stating one way or the other about immigrant coverage.....

The speech reminded me of another compulsive liar...

barry20obama20baghdad20bob.jpg

From page one of the Senate bill....... :huh:

HR stands for House of Representatives..... :eek:

Apology accepted......

BTW....I don't recall stating one way or the other about immigrant coverage.....

Wow...what a silly argument (like too many others on this board). Perhaps YOU are refering to the Senate legislation (which I have not even seen yet). I was referring to HR 3200 (the HOUSE bill!). The language I (and others) cited earlier is in the House bill - HR 3200. I know full well what HR stands for. If you have any questions about HR 3200 or what is contained in it, simply go to the congressional website and LOOK IT UP. If the language is in the Senate legislation, too, that's great. It doesn't change the substance of the discussion one bit if it's in legislation in both houses.

Wow...what a silly argument (like too many others on this board). Perhaps YOU are refering to the Senate legislation (which I have not even seen yet). I was referring to HR 3200 (the HOUSE bill!). The language I (and others) cited earlier is in the House bill - HR 3200. I know full well what HR stands for. If you have any questions about HR 3200 or what is contained in it, simply go to the congressional website and LOOK IT UP. If the language is in the Senate legislation, too, that's great. It doesn't change the substance of the discussion one bit if it's in legislation in both houses.

Joe Wilson was right. The Congressional Research Service report on the House bill shows plenty of room to cover illegal aliens under the proposed legislation. Why else would House Democrats vote against a GOP amendment which directly addressed the issue?

Obama channels GWB during speech... :shock:

Obama 9/9/2009: "We didn't come here to fear the future... we came here to shape it."
GWB June 7, 2006 "I tell people, let's don't fear the future, let's shape it."