Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaking, the flag only needs to be put on aircraft that are doing international flying. SJU is a territory of the U.S. so it is not considered international.

Thanks for the answer to my question.
One more question: I understand that the flag is not required, but why wouldn't JetBlue voluntarily be willing to affix the flag on its aircraft? You know, just out of national pride. As a citizen, I'm not required to fly the flag on my home or on my car, but I do. JetBlue is a successful start-up carrier operating its business in the USA. Maybe, the real backers of JetBlue do not want the RED, WHITE, AND BLUE on their Airbus aircraft, who knows?

----------------
On 9/4/2002 12:57:20 PM

Maybe, the real backers of JetBlue do not want the RED, WHITE, AND BLUE on their Airbus aircraft, who knows?
----------------

Been There,
What kind of question is that? Who exactly are the "real backers" of JetBlue? Maybe you can elaborate for us.

Maybe the same ones who chose an all Airbus Fleet! And what about just plain own National Pride?

The reason why JetBlue doesn't fly the flag on their aircraft is because they're not a flag carrier. ONLY flag carriers can fly the flag.

It's in the FARs. I forget which part, but it's in there. I hope I answered your question!

Ok. JetBlue is not required to fly the flag. Ok. But why not fly it just because they are an American Carrier? they are an American Carrier and a successful one at that. But why not fly the flag as a matter of national pride? Why Not? I don't think there is an FAR to cover pride.

JetBlue is a domestic carrier. I would imagine that the flags weren't ordered because flag ops were not anticipated and the aircraft were ordered to the same specifications several years ago. You are an offensive, flaming troll, Been There. You are attempting to prove some point or paint a picture of bad character using the absence of evidence, rather than the presence of it. Quit insinuating and come right out with an accusation or two so you can be refuted and chased back under your rock. Or go away.

Jeff G.
No need for name calling. You sound mighty defensive about this. ALL I ASKED IS WHY JETBLUE DOES NOT FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG. DON'T GIVE ME THIS "NOT REQUIRED B.S" THEY SHOULD FLY THE FLAG. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WE ARE A NATION UNDER ATTACK? MAYBE ILL TAKE THIS TO THE EVENING NEWS AND MAKE JETBLUE PASSENGERS AWARE THAT THEIR CARRIER DOES NOT FLY THE FLAG. I SEE PROP DRIVEN COMMUTERS FLY THE FLAG. BUT JETBLUE, THE MOST SUCCESSFUL START UP CARRIER IN THE HISTORY OF AVIATION DOES NOT FLY THE FLAG. WHAT DO YOU THINK JETBLUE'S PLANS ARE FOR A SEPTEMBER 11 TRIBUTE? YOU THINK THE PILOTS WILL MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON ALL JETBLUE FLIGHTS SAYING " LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, NO NEED TO BE AFRAID TO FLY, FOLKS. WE ARE NOT A TARGET BECAUSE WE DON'T FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG ON OUR PLANES" OR DO YOU THINK THAT NOT FLYING THE FLAG ON ITS AIRCRAFT IS A COST CUTTING MEASURE?

This thread is taking a whacky turn.

Display of the flag on a US carrier is somewhat arcane. It used to be that a 'flag' carrier was one that flew overseas.

Now a flag carrier is defined as a US carrier certificated IAW US Code 49, 41102 (I think).

Only flag carriers can display te flag on their planes.

Here's something weird (not sure if this is current). Check out US Flag Carriers

I answered you. Other people answered you. You are not listening. You are inferring that JetBlue (or its "real backers") is not patriotic because it doesn't have a friggin decal on its airplanes. It doesn't mean anything. It isn't intended to mean anything. The decal's absence doesn't mean anything. There is no reason other than those already brought to your attention. You are engaged in a logical fallacy. You're reading too much into it. Are there any other ways I and others can word it that will make sense to you?

Actually, I am kidding. It's really an al-Qaeda plot. JetBlue is cutting a deal to keep terrorists off its airplanes. Airbus is in on it, too. So am I. We all hate America. Don't tell anyone, though, because not everyone is as smart as you and you don't want to tip your hand that you're on to us. [:devil:]

Status
Not open for further replies.