FLASH*****new ralphcramden stunner to jolt airline world: due diligence a “done dealâ€￾*****

but I think the employees from both sides have the power to kill this; ALPA from DL and all of the other unions from the US side.

US employees are powerless in having anything to say about the deal.

They will remain so until they learn to stand together.

You are right about competition but wrong on the facility, although I'm not familiar with DL's JFK facilities. PHL is nothing more than a cluster.... :censored: It only takes a cloud somewhere over NJ to slow things down to the equivalent of a chinese water torture. Also, the PHL politicians are, as of recently, refusing to give US anymore gates for trans. expansion. We're at the max ritght now. On point 7, we're committed to Embrarer but no longer Airbus. We paid them off and the A350 orders must be renegotiated because of all ofthe delays and changes. Scott Kirby said 15NOV: "I wouldn't exactly say we are in the Airbus camp."

You degrade your credibility to compare PHL Terminal A with JFK, since you admit being unfamiliar with JFK. There is a vast difference between the two. PHL excels in most every way - facility, customs, immigration, ticketing, etal..

JFK suffers essentially the identical ATC/Weather domestic delays as PHL.

If US and DL merge, the fabricated (in my opinion) gate requirement for ZRH, ATH and BRU will disappear since the existing DL gates would become immediately available for WN and Old DL flights would be absorbed into the New DL (US) in Terminals B and C. Terminal A-East would no longer be required by the Old DL and WN expansion would be satisfied. Adding International flights to Terminal A is only a problem if they conflict with existing TA Banks and US refuses to add additional Banks. There are 24 hours in a day - not 6.

Did you read my post? I said "MID-RANGE" Fleet. Have you forgotten about the new A321-200 Orders???

JFK suffers essentially the identical ATC/Weather domestic delays as PHL.

Incorrect.Eight out of Ten times LGA will be two hours or more behind schedule due to weather and JFK will be at most half an hour behind.

A summer thunderstorm that brings LGA to a bumper to bumper halt has little or no effect at JFK, unless the cell is directly over the field.

During the day JFK is for the most part, a ghost town.The outbound international traffic begins to perk up from 17:00 onwards.

This merger will not happen.

It's all posturing by DP for something else in the works. Not sure what it is but it ain't Delta.

pilot
$8.7 BILLION -- that's "posturing"????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless, it doesn't go through and US somehow buys-out both NW and CO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect.Eight out of Ten times LGA will be two hours or more behind schedule due to weather and JFK will be at most half an hour behind.

A summer thunderstorm that brings LGA to a bumper to bumper halt has little or no effect at JFK, unless the cell is directly over the field.
During the day JFK is for the most part, a ghost town.The outbound international traffic begins to perk up from 17:00 onwards.

Incorrect. Your reply has nothing to do with PHL. Obviously, if a thunderstorm is so constrained that it's cell/s are located over a specific airport, that airport would be more affected than others in the area. We're talking storms which encompass a large area such as the Mid-Atlantic - the typical storm, which moves up the East Coast first delaying PHL then NYC. If you review even recent history, you'll see that JFK delays are typically very close to PHL delays. Today, for example, fog Arrival Delays at JFK and PHL were both near 4 Hours. Obviously these Delays are not going to affect JFK traffic before 1700 as much as PHL - but then most of DLs Trans-Atlantic flights leave after 1700!

Latest posts