Fleet Service New Hire Update

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
The following is observations from a fellow employee who spends more time than I working with the new hires:
"Dress appearance, some of the new employees come in here looking like they just got out of bed and threw their clothes on. When they put their clothes on they must have forgot their belt because most of the day they walk around with their pants down half way around the crack of their rear end.
Attitudes, some of the new employees come into the work groups with a cocky attitude. The "i know everything " They need to leave their attitudes at home. All ramp agents will assist new hires anyway possible but it will be a long learning process for those that "know it all". These "know it alls" have a much better chance of getting injured out here.
Safety, more emphasis needs to be put on safety in training. The past two weeks we 've had an incident of walking in front of an engine while still running luckly there was an agent there who grabed & pulled him out of the way. Opening the cargo bin while the engine is still running, driving underneath a jetway and barely missing an air conditioning unit with one of the carts being pulled."
Folks (USA320PILOT) this is part of what is wrong with the system & the people we are getting. My own observations of most of the people comming thru are that they are gang members you wouldn't want to meet away from here just by their apperance & actions..Comments or observations from your stations ?

Man does that sound like Philly. I was in the "F" terminal the other day and half of the employees walking around looked like they were on a "welfare to work" program.

So that you can't say I'm always slamming them. I had ONE work with me that I would consider good. But she told me she didn't think this job was for her !
She said she had seen enought of the employees misery.

Latest posts