Fleet Service update 12/15/06

The way I see it, it is appaling for the IAM to bring up the '22' in negotiations, and also positive space for IAM 141 family members.

Canale has refused to dispell that the '22' and positive space travel for IAM family members has been brought up in negotiations. Many feel those issues are the real reason for the stalled negotiations. It is mind boggling if the IAM insist on including positive space travel for its own family members and the negotiated settlement of the '22'. This suggest to many that the facts as presented by managers or otherwise are true.

To the IAM's discredit, Canale served up a 2 paragraph 'hissy fit' about the company. Silly rhetoric and no substance. Probably had his secretary fire it off in about 2 minutes. His members, and the american labor movement deserves much better than the gooseggs he been serving up.

regards,

all i can say is these 22 had better not get their jobs back ,and if we on the west find out that negotiations are stalled because of postive space travel for union leadership family members , then all of the union leaders had better start stretching because we will send them back to the ramp!

well its out for everyone to see in LAS. The union has posted its offer to the company, which is actually a reply from the company. I must say and dont always like to agree with the IAM but they are right. The company has no interest in pleasing the west. The company wants a long drawn out pay step increase, operations and tower to be non-union. But it will run through 2012, the number of flts to class one cities drops to 119 and field is 56. One pay scale at a top out of 19, doesnt list the other increases. I dont think there would be a huge fight if the company were to pay us the 19 right off the bat and give in to operations and tower. Now the question is what do we do as employees to get the company back into transition talks? People are losing serious money everyday.

stick with the IAM and put pressure on your union reps to get the best deal. without a union LCC will have you working for very low wages

seniority is going to be date of hire. the only people that have to worry are people who were on leaves and adjusted seniority dates, but no specifics.

well its out for everyone to see in LAS. The union has posted its offer to the company, which is actually a reply from the company. I must say and dont always like to agree with the IAM but they are right. The company has no interest in pleasing the west. The company wants a long drawn out pay step increase, operations and tower to be non-union. But it will run through 2012, the number of flts to class one cities drops to 119 and field is 56. One pay scale at a top out of 19, doesnt list the other increases. I dont think there would be a huge fight if the company were to pay us the 19 right off the bat and give in to operations and tower. Now the question is what do we do as employees to get the company back into transition talks? People are losing serious money everyday.
If what's posted in LAS originated with the IAM it should also be on their website, which I don't see as of 14:00

seniority is going to be date of hire. the only people that have to worry are people who were on leaves and adjusted seniority dates, but no specifics.

Just about all of East's workforce that was hired between 1980 and 1996 has an adjusted seniority date. Are they included in those that will be going by date of hire?

The latest news from 141

December 29, 2006

US Airways Transition Negotiations to Resume

To All IAM Member Employed by US Airways

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

US Airways management has contacted District Lodge 141 and has requested the parties to resume negotiations to receive a Company proposal in response to the Unions most recent proposal.

Negotiations will resume January 3rd and 4th in Tempe, AZ. You will be apprised of these discussions.

In solidarity, we remain

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman

Rich Johnsen Dan Zuger Tom Regan Jeff Rusk
Mary Reed Tony Armideo Dave Lolly Gary Gould
Bill Chandlee John Mendenhall Pat Flynn Ron Roth
Steve Miller Jeff Hayden

well ramp rogue as you alreqady know there is like 3 to 4 dates that get used, one is company and it relates to vacation and retirement stuff. but the imporatant one is bid date seniority and whatever you have now for bid date seniority is what you will have in the end

Latest posts