Flight 945 - Thank You

phillyguy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Last evening (7/21) I was ''stuck on'' Flight 945 going from PHL to ORD due to a several hour ''rain delay''. Most of it spent on the tarmac in Philly waiting for a departure slot or in line to get out.

Many of our passengers were from an earlier cancelled flight.

EVERYONE from the gate agent who handled the crowd with professionalism and some sense of humor, to the flight attendants and the cockpit crew - went out of their way to keep everyone informed, calm and as comfortable as possible given a situation that was completely out of their control.

You folks are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup.

I was on CLT-SFO a week or so ago when we had those MONSTER thunderstorms in the midwest - that line of biggies that ran from Indy down to Houston.

We sat on the apron for three hours waiting for takeoff clearance. The captain kept us well informed - even if he had no news to report he kept in contact with us. The FA''s came around the coach cabin with water every once and a while and made an unbearable situation bearable. We departed three hours late and took an extreme southern route to get around the storms. Got into SFO 3.5 hours late but SAFE.

Thanks US!

p.s. I''ve sent a compliment to the folks at CCY as well.

I would like to add my thanks and compliments to all at PHL and the crew of US 171 from Monday night. We had a total 6 hour weather delay, and after 3 and a half hours on the tarmac some passengers wanted to get off the airplane. The captain negotiated to keep his spot and taxied back, took on fuel and let those who wanted to get off leave. We wound up departing after our scheduled arrival time and had to divert to LAX.

Kudos also to the Chairmans Desk for calling and paging me this morning to alert me that my SNA-PHL was cancelled today--I am now on my way to LAX.

THIS is why we stay loyal--when a problem arises the folks at US rise to the occasion.

Perhaps my slogan should say "IT''S THE PEOPLE, STUPID".

The call has already been made to Consumer Affairs and praise is on its way.

Now if only we could do something with PHL :)

It is nice to hear some positive comments from customers rather than only negative ones. However, then there are those who only comment on the negative. Got a bad letter from a passenger on a flight going into DCA. A toddler used the lavatory sometime within the 30 minute restriction and was going back to his seat, and accidently passed his row up. A passenger wrote in and said that this sudden movement towards the cockpit startled him. PLEASE keep the good comments coming. It helps to know that someone is noticing the work we are doing. Thanks again!

----------------
On 7/23/2003 12:48:19 PM Lucifer wrote:

A toddler used the lavatory sometime within the 30 minute restriction and was going back to his seat, and accidently passed his row up. A passenger wrote in and said that this sudden movement towards the cockpit startled him.
----------------

The 30 min DCA rule is assinine anyway. Any chance on it being changed? No one with malicious intent is going to pay attention to it anyway.​

----------------
On 7/23/2003 1:02:44 PM tadjr wrote:

----------------
On 7/23/2003 12:48:19 PM Lucifer wrote:

A toddler used the lavatory sometime within the 30 minute restriction and was going back to his seat, and accidently passed his row up. A passenger wrote in and said that this sudden movement towards the cockpit startled him.
----------------

The 30 min DCA rule is assinine anyway. Any chance on it being changed? No one with malicious intent is going to pay attention to it anyway.​

----------------​
Hate the 30 min rule...one reason i left LGA base...too many problems.

I know this sounds corny but i actually swelled up reading such kind words about our company. Please keep those compliments coming. I feel i do a superior job and where are the letters? Am i a bad stew? I mean, people make positive comments and say they will write but I never hear anything. Please do me a favor...this management team needs to be shamed for the way they treat us...your compliments are wonderful but Sleezgle and his croonies will read those and say, "SEE, they are happy." We aren''t!! I mean, I''m happy with my current choice to fly international (talk to me in DEC) but I have NO respect, faith , or confidence in this company. Why do we do so well? Hell, we have lived with threats and bad news for 15 years. You get use to it. I sincerely think your average U employee would be great for a headhunter. If you can work here and put up with the dysfunctions of 15 years without a breakdown (ok maybe one or two) and not get sick (oh i forgot we are evil sick time abusers...silly me), you can work ANYWHERE.

It's a bit belated, but I owe the Shuttle ground staff and flight crews thanks for a flight last Friday.

I was slated to take the 8 p.m. LGA-DCA shuttle. Bad weather meant that the shuttle schedules were messed up all evening.

When I got to the shuttle counter at about 6:45, I asked for standby on the 7 (which was running late). Not only did they put me on the 7-turned-7:25, but they confirmed everyone slated for the 8 onto the 7 because the aircraft for the 8 hadn't left DCA yet.

Once we got off the gate, a combination of weather over New Jersey and later over LGA itself meant that we didn't take off for another 2.5 hours. During that time, the flight attendants did a great job, offering two drink services and the pilot did his best to keep us updated with whatever information ATC was giving him at the moment.

Everyone realized it was a sucky situation, but the crews did their best to make everyone's travelling a little bit easier. It's crews like these that keep me on US. Nice job.

Latest posts

Back