Gate:
D23
Gate:
Not Available
Aircraft:
Boeing 737-300
Baggage Claim:
Not Available
Comments: This flight was scheduled to operate from Atlanta, GA to Pittsburgh, PA to Indianapolis, IN. It has been rerouted to Knoxville, TN. For information about your party please contact US Airways Reservations at (800) 428-4322.
US Airways Flight 1724
Thursday, December 26, 2002
Departure
Arrival
Airport: Knoxville, TN (TYS)
Airport: Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Scheduled Time:
Not Available
Scheduled Time:
7:45pm
Estimated Time:
Cancelled
See comments below
Estimated Time:
Cancelled
Gate:
Not Available
Gate:
B34
Aircraft:
Not Available
Baggage Claim:
Not Available
Comments: This flight was scheduled to operate from Atlanta, GA to Pittsburgh, PA to
Indianapolis, IN. It has been rerouted to Knoxville, TN. The flight is cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. For information about your party please contact US Airways Reservations at (800) 428-4322.
US Airways Flight 1724
Thursday, December 26, 2002
Departure
Arrival
Airport: Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Airport: Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Scheduled Time:
8:30pm
Scheduled Time:
9:52pm
Estimated Time:
11:10pm
Estimated Time:
12:23am
Gate:
Not Available
Gate:
D2
Aircraft:
Boeing 737-300
Baggage Claim:
Not Available
Comments: This flight is estimated to depart from Pittsburgh, PA at 11:10pm The flight is
currently waiting to depart.

Apparently this flight landed safely, thank god.

This is a really morbid question, but I can't help but wonder...what does one of these updates show when a flight...well, doesn't land safely and there are casualties.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 11:10:35 PM Heinrich wrote:
[P][BR]Apparently this flight landed safely, thank god.[BR][BR]This is a really morbid question, but I can't help but wonder...what does one of these updates show when a flight...well, doesn't land safely and there are casualties.[/P]----------------[BR]the info is pulled...including pax list and all ...i was at work when flt 472 crashed in pit...within 2 mins there was no flifo or pax list or anything...it was like the flt did not exist[/BLOCKQUOTE]

There is a procedure that all Airlines are mandated to have in place, called lockout, all airlines also have published procedures for major incidents or accidents. Flight just does not "vanish" but is available to those predetermined individuals that are authorized.

What was the purpose of this post ? information very vague, incomplete and useless.

There are diversions everyday in this business for a variety of reasons, that most do not understand including the media.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 11:48:50 PM sdavis29 wrote:
[P][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 11:10:35 PM Heinrich wrote: [BR][BR][BR]Apparently this flight landed safely, thank god.[BR][BR]This is a really morbid question, but I can't help but wonder...what does one of these updates show when a flight...well, doesn't land safely and there are casualties.----------------[BR]the info is pulled...including pax list and all ...i was at work when flt 472 crashed in pit...within 2 mins there was no flifo or pax list or anything...it was like the flt did not exist[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Immediately after the first plane hit the WTC, I got a call stating that it was a widebody flight from BOS. I looked through my paper timetable and found AA 11 was a 762 heading from BOS to LAX. The AA website soon after said for passengers to contact the airline.