Flight Attendant Base Closing Effective Sepetember 1

JAMAKE1

Veteran
Feb 15, 2003
SFO to DAB
Visit site
I just flew an ORD-LAS flight with a LAS based F/A who told us that the LAS base had just been unofficially informed that effective Sept. 1, 2003 United will be closing domiciles at LAS, PHL and FRA (Frankfurt, Germany) as well as surplusing (reducing) MIA. An official announcement is expected on Monday, June 2.

Our United AFA MEC just sent the official word:

LAS and PHL domiciles to close Aug 31, 2003.

MIA to be surplused.

FRA was not on the list for closure.

On 6/2/2003 1:26:08 AM JAMAKE1 wrote:

United will be closing domiciles at LAS, PHL and FRA (Frankfurt, Germany) as well as surplusing (reducing) MIA.

I am FRA based. Let me first say that I am sorry to hear about the LASPHL base closures, and the surplusing in MIA. As far as FRA is concerned, they have been closing this base down for the past 7 years. I have heard it so many times, that I am beginning to wonder if the "jumpseat telephone" really has some kind of short in it.

----------------
On 6/2/2003 6:37:25 PM JAMAKE1 wrote:

FRA was not on the list for closure.

----------------​

You always have to be suspect of any rumors of foreign domiciles closing, especially in Europe, due to foreign labor laws that make it very difficult for any company to take actions that will put people out of work. As long as UAL flies to FRA I don''t think you''ll see the F/A domicile closing down. Ditto for LHR & CDG.

Cheers,
Z

You are Frankfurt-based, too? Who are you? I have an inkling --you like to eat dinner early and retire without letting me finish my beer (eh eh). Anyway, what you say about the domicile is true. Thus far, we have closed and reopened about twenty times in the past seven years.

Cheers,

You are Frankfurt-based, too? Who are you? I have an inkling --you like to eat dinner early and retire without letting me finish my beer (eh eh).

If you are talking about one layover in ORD at the Big Bowl. You know, the one where I slammed down your beer because you were taking your time. I must admit, that I am the one.

The One, The Only, Nana M.

Latest posts

Back