Flight Attendant Contract

MOD NOTE: DON"T QUOTE AN ENTIRE LENGTHY POSTING.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Topic should be changed to "Edited By Moderator" :rolleyes:

Unit4clt:

Unit, it's up to each union what they want to do: obtain a TA and move on if the cuts are too difficult or face "imposition" and move on if the cuts are too difficult. Judge Mitchell is not going to allow a union to hurt the Debtor or the Creditor's.

Mitchell has approved virtually every company motion in two formal reorganization's and it appears he will not stop now. Furthermore, ALPA legal has indicated it is likely the "self help" option will be stricken from the language.

I find it interesting how some Internet posters seem to know more about this than some of the best labor attorney's in the business and disregard advisor comments.

In my opinion the cuts are coming and the longer a union waits to obtain a deal, the deeper the cuts will be which is exactly what happened to ALPA. Therefore, the deeper the cuts the more profitable the company and the larger the profit sharing checks for those unions who do not face "imposition" again.

If you want to "take the alternative" then do so, but you will only hurt your self and your colleagues even more and help those with new labor accords.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Self-help is in the RLA, he cannot change a law that has been on the books since 1926.

Why do you keep posting the same false information?

This is the US, last time I looked not Russia.

USA320Pilot said:
Unit4clt:

Unit, it's up to each union what they want to do: obtain a TA and move on if the cuts are too difficult or face "imposition" and move on if the cuts are too difficult. Judge Mitchell is not going to allow a union to hurt the Debtor or the Creditor's.

Mitchell has approved virtually every company motion in two formal reorganization's and it appears he will not stop now. Furthermore, ALPA legal has indicated it is likely the "self help" option will be stricken from the language.

I find it interesting how some Internet posters seem to know more about this than some of the best labor attorney's in the business and disregard advisor comments.

In my opinion the cuts are coming and the longer a union waits to obtain a deal, the deeper the cuts will be which is exactly what happened to ALPA. Therefore, the deeper the cuts the more profitable the company and the larger the profit sharing checks for those unions who do not face "imposition" again.

If you want to "take the alternative" then do so, but you will only hurt your self and your colleagues even more and help those with new labor accords.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="194243"][/post]​

It's true. The unions are on the short end of the stick no matter how loud some union talking heads scream on here. Union dues have become charity for a few old bald fat men who forgot what working is all about retiring off the backs of hard working men and women. It wouldn't be so hard to swallow if most of them weren't Bart Simpson clones. Vic M, Bill Fried Brain, Duke the snoopy Dog S…on and on with people who were put there by being 700’s. Kissing up and doing nothing except screaming the loudest. No different then politicians except it cost the workers big time and you don't get to vote.

Self-help. The RLA is silent on the scope of allowable self-help available to the parties after they have exhausted the major dispute resolution procedures. However, court decisions have made clear that the scope of permissible self-help is broad, extending considerably beyond the bounds of self-help that would be permitted to employers and unions covered by the National Labor Relations Act ("NLRA"). Courts have ruled, for example, that an RLA union may strike and peacefully picket a carrier with which it has a primary dispute, engage in intermittent work stoppages (e.g ., "selective" or "rolling strikes"), and secondarily picket other neutral RLA employers (a practice prohibited under the NLRA). For carriers, self-help includes: implementing their proposed contract changes; making a national response to defend against a selective strike that jeopardizes national bargaining, including locking out striking workers and, if the labor contract with non-striking workers permits, other workers; and replacing striking workers. The courts cannot enjoin such self-help activity.

Vic M?

Mr M has been retired for several years and left the US property in 1994 and worked at the international after that.

Glad to see you have to call them names, keep up the attacks. Must suck to be so bitter.

You are out of touch with reality.

700UW said:
Self-help. The RLA is silent on the scope of allowable self-help available to the parties after they have exhausted the major dispute resolution procedures. However, court decisions have made clear that the scope of permissible self-help is broad, extending considerably beyond the bounds of self-help that would be permitted to employers and unions covered by the National Labor Relations Act ("NLRA"). Courts have ruled, for example, that an RLA union may strike and peacefully picket a carrier with which it has a primary dispute, engage in intermittent work stoppages (e.g ., "selective" or "rolling strikes"), and secondarily picket other neutral RLA employers (a practice prohibited under the NLRA). For carriers, self-help includes: implementing their proposed contract changes; making a national response to defend against a selective strike that jeopardizes national bargaining, including locking out striking workers and, if the labor contract with non-striking workers permits, other workers; and replacing striking workers. The courts cannot enjoin such self-help activity.
[post="194246"][/post]​
Self Help equals self destruction and it's silly to even talk about, but then, look whose talking....

Love Cavalier….

PS: I got that from Love Josey, remember him 700UW, or was that you…HMMMM

Unit4 well say. I totally agree.

320, justair says justgo away.

This is not your battle.

This is not your contract.

We all know that you justwant to give back.

Me and my 6000 active friends will do what is right.

EVERYONE GIVES EQUALLY. OR we have the RIGHT for self help.

Agree or Disagree it is our call not yours.

Latest posts

Back