Flight Attendant Proposal Details

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 2:08:44 PM The Ronin wrote:

Hey...where's spacecase...We gonna go out and kick some booty now girl!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
I don't kick booty, I just spank - interested?

[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/27/2002 8:42:52 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Those were the UAL proposals. Can anyone report the outcome.
----------------
[/blockquote]
It remains to be seen...negotiations are going on, supposedly, as we speak. But United holds all the cards. It sucks, but it's reality. Time for plan B - it's been expected for awhile. The thrill is gone.

Good luck everyone!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/27/2002 8:42:52 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Those were the UAL proposals. Can anyone report the outcome.
----------------
[/blockquote]
It remains to be seen...negotiations are going on, supposedly, as we speak. But United holds all the cards. It sucks, but it's reality. Time for plan B - it's been expected for awhile. The thrill is gone.

Good luck everyone!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/28/2002 1:02:16 AM spacewaitress wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
WOW...is that plan "B"...LOL Good Luck
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/28/2002 1:02:16 AM spacewaitress wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
WOW...is that plan "B"...LOL Good Luck
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

Out of curiosity, how does this compare to Southwest’s FA compensation package? Wouldn’t it be logical to mirror their package since Southwest is the “costâ€￾ target that all carriers say they would like to have? Or does UA need to go deeper?

Also, as far as retirement, health care, vacation earned, sick time, and holidays off, is UA asking for a worse package from the FAs than what they are going to give their non-executive management employees?

Out of curiosity, how does this compare to Southwest’s FA compensation package? Wouldn’t it be logical to mirror their package since Southwest is the “costâ€￾ target that all carriers say they would like to have? Or does UA need to go deeper?

Also, as far as retirement, health care, vacation earned, sick time, and holidays off, is UA asking for a worse package from the FAs than what they are going to give their non-executive management employees?

Depends if you're talking total compensation or just straight pay.

Southwest F/As are in the middle of contract negotiations right now, so it probably wouldn't be a good time to make straight pay comparisons. Straight pay is usually lagging at the end of the contract in comparison to other airlines. I do know, however, that when I chit-chatted with one of the F/A union reps onboard one of our flights a couple of years ago (about midway through the contract), he told me the pay was comparable to the other airlines. And total compensation, he told me, put them above many of the other airlines.

You have to realize that 1) compensation includes more than straight pay. You can get a great paycheck, but if you're paying out the nose for your medical insurance, it doesn't matter. And 2) your airline is selling you some serious koolaid when they tell you that Southwest employees don't make as much as the other airlines. Check out the latest and greatest contracts with Maintenance, Ramp/Ops, and now the CSAs/Res Agents. Pilots may not be making as much straight pay, but when all these concessions are said and done, I think they'll find they're making more, and without the painful layoffs.

I think you'll find at Southwest that the pay for contract employees is competitive, and the benefits are a heckuva lot better. The real difference at Southwest, IMHO, is in the workrules.

Depends if you're talking total compensation or just straight pay.

Southwest F/As are in the middle of contract negotiations right now, so it probably wouldn't be a good time to make straight pay comparisons. Straight pay is usually lagging at the end of the contract in comparison to other airlines. I do know, however, that when I chit-chatted with one of the F/A union reps onboard one of our flights a couple of years ago (about midway through the contract), he told me the pay was comparable to the other airlines. And total compensation, he told me, put them above many of the other airlines.

You have to realize that 1) compensation includes more than straight pay. You can get a great paycheck, but if you're paying out the nose for your medical insurance, it doesn't matter. And 2) your airline is selling you some serious koolaid when they tell you that Southwest employees don't make as much as the other airlines. Check out the latest and greatest contracts with Maintenance, Ramp/Ops, and now the CSAs/Res Agents. Pilots may not be making as much straight pay, but when all these concessions are said and done, I think they'll find they're making more, and without the painful layoffs.

I think you'll find at Southwest that the pay for contract employees is competitive, and the benefits are a heckuva lot better. The real difference at Southwest, IMHO, is in the workrules.