Flight Attendant TA Questions & Answers

WorldTraveler said:
thanks for the link... I'll put it on my to do list.What numbers do you want me to cite?flight times are pretty common knowledge, esp. for anyone that has any experience at all with flying.
Do you know what the flight crew staffing is on other US airlines?

Rest is not just a function of how big the crew rest facility is, but also driven by the number of FA's that need to still maintain passenger service while the others are resting.

"The company is moving to a single healthcare plan for all employee groups. The majority of AA’s workgroups are already on the AA plans and as each labor contract is completed, the covered workers will move to the AA plans. The JNC impressed upon the company the importance of softening the impact of this by keeping LUS on its current healthcare for 2015 and providing a $3,000 transition payment to defray the costs. Both LAA and LUS Flight Attendants will have choices in healthcare as will the entire company."

This looks like a major consecion to me.

1.Comparing the AA and the US health care plans for 2015 (both available on jetnet),the cost of the US plans seems to be up to 60% less for plans similar or better than AA's ,   with deductibles that are a fraction of the ones on the AA  plans.
I am afraid 3000 will barely cover the cost difference of year one in the program.

2.How was USair able to offer such plans at such a lower cost and expence to its employees, and why is the new AA not able to transition everyone to the US plans instead of adopting the far more expensive AA plans?

Am I seeing this correctly?

yes, you are, limit.

The AA/APFA fan club crowed about their industry leading contract until it was pointed out that in terms of pay it isn't industry leading, doesn't have profit sharing, and you now throw in some of the fastest growing health care premiums too?

be nice to them, limit. This is a lot for them to handle in one week.

they are still trying to argue that their crew rest seats are just fine... even though other carriers manage to have crew rest BEDS and more of them. and still properly staff the aircraft while in flight.

WorldTraveler said:
yes, you are, limit.The AA/APFA fan club crowed about their industry leading contract until it was pointed out that in terms of pay it isn't industry leading, doesn't have profit sharing, and you now throw in some of the fastest growing health care premiums too?be nice to them, limit. This is a lot for them to handle in one week.they are still trying to argue that their crew rest seats are just fine... even though other carriers manage to have crew rest BEDS and more of them. and still properly staff the aircraft while in flight.
Again I ask you to provide staffing numbers for the other US airlines on 7+ hour flights. You continually make blanket statements without any factual data to support them.

Reactions: 4 people
FWAAA said:
Don't know if the APFA won concessions from management to install crew rest seats on the crappy-ass US A330s or not.   

Are you saying US doesn't have FA crew rest facilities on its A330s? Jeez.

Should be a simple install, though, particularly if the company is interested in ever flying them deep south or west coast to Asia. I know the DL A330s have the portable crew rest areas, it sounds like it would be a fairly simple addition.

When I worked the A330's they seemed fairly straight forward. Not sure what all specifically is involved in installing them, but they're modular, and self-contained.

I looked at the benefits overview yesterday for the first time.  i don't understand what the rest of you are talking about.  My monthly premium for the standard plan will drop $40/month from this year's premium.  Some of the deductibles/copays are somewhat higher, but not out of line with current inflation rates.

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
I looked at the benefits overview yesterday for the first time.  i don't understand what the rest of you are talking about.  My monthly premium for the standard plan will drop $40/month from this year's premium.  Some of the deductibles/copays are somewhat higher, but not out of line with current inflation rates.
WT won't like that. I feel ANOTHER melt down coming!

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
We all don't have the "standard" plan jim. So what I'm talking about is my "Value" plan went up $65 a month with the deductible up as well. So, get a raise and give it right back with healthcare and union due increases. That about sums up what I'm talking about, jim.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
Are you saying US doesn't have FA crew rest facilities on its A330s? Jeez.

Should be a simple install, though, particularly if the company is interested in ever flying them deep south or west coast to Asia. I know the DL A330s have the portable crew rest areas, it sounds like it would be a fairly simple addition.
Nor will the TA require the US A330s to be retrofitted with crew rest modules:

I. INTERNATIONAL A330 CREW REST SEATS

1. Seats A, B, G, and H at the 3L/3R exit;

2. Placarded;

3. Reclining seats of the type provided to passengers in that class of service with individual reading
lights and air vents;

4. Curtained;

5. An ottoman for leg rest.

While most of the A330s are flown on relatively short flights to Europe, PHL-TLV is a long flight at 5,771 miles, and currently uses an A330-200.   My guess is that TLV gets AA  777 metal once that's possible.  

As an aside, the TA has numerous inconsistencies and mistakes in it - too bad the APFA couldn't hire some proof-readers.   An example:

FF. “Mid-Range Flying” is defined as any International duty period which does not contain flying in excess of twelve (12) hours block.  The on-duty period will not be scheduled or rescheduled for more than fourteen (14) hours, but not to exceed fifteen (15) hours.
 What?   Not to exceed 14?   Or not to exceed 15?    The crew rest section (38) contains a portion at the beginning talking about crew rest for flights under five hours and then section 38 begins all over again, omitting anything about sub-five hour flights.

Another example:   Crew meals are provided on all IPD flights to/from PHL and CLT, meaning short flights to LHR and Europe get crew meals, but nothing comparable on the AA side.   Huh?

It's a very sloppy draft.

Latest posts