Flying to Europe just got more interesting!

Why can't you state your opinion (and that's all it is) without resorting to name calling? You think if you yell loud enough, say something over and over, or belittle someone-it makes your opinion fact?
While I don't think another tax is going to "help the planet" as others do, I do believe in keeping our water and air clean, and our national parks in pristine condition. Does that make me a libtard? Do you, and your children, and grandchildren not want clean water to drink and clean air to breathe? Why is that not a conservative issue as well?
:D Thank you for making a good point

People ignore the energy component required to manufacture solar panels, produce ethanol, etc.....

Between the mining of material & manufacturing, it takes between one to three years (depending on location) for a solar panel to recover the amount of energy required to make just the panel. That's not including batteries if you're entirely off the grid (nor does it take into consideration the ecological impact of the batteries once spent). A wind turbine takes two to four years to pay for its embedded energy.

Gazette-bar-chart2_resized400X266.jpg

For those less mathematically inclined, the left items are the most efficient, the right are the least efficient...
Well done, you've finally done some research and have a valid point :)

:eek:Now, the bottom line . I am told that USA is Democracy .We in Europe think we’re Democracies. 27 of us have banded together to form the EU. We rarely agree on much.
But an effort to reduce carbon emissions over OUR skies is something we’ve managed to agree on. If it will work, again I don’t know. We do NOT need permission from some of you, Hilary Clinton, the US Senate or the North American Airline industry (how much money did they spend lobbying?) to place this on OUR law books. So who really practices Dictatorship and Democracy?

So somebody wants us screwed. Not worth talking about, but fine.
You don’t want to fly to Europe. Fine
For the isolationists. You really need to get out a bit more. Book a flight to the moon and look at OUR planet Earth. Cheaper, buy a poster from NASA. But if you think that you’re the only one on the planet, fine
You don’t need Mass Transit systems in North America but belittle ours. Fine.
By the way, we have our very own Disney, which is served a high-speed rail link, as well as public transport. The French run it. But fine.
Some of you feel you should retaliate. How? By using the same law in the US. Fine
Democracy at work. Fine :huh:
Moved to water cooler

We in Europe think we’re Democracies. 27 of us have banded together to form the EU. We rarely agree on much.
But an effort to reduce carbon emissions over OUR skies is something we’ve managed to agree on.

I'd worry more about the shakier members of the EU like Greece,Spain and Portugal giving up the ghost and taking down the whole house of cards.How much longer do you think the German taxpayer will continue to pay for this experiment?

:huh:
I'd worry more about the shakier members of the EU like Greece,Spain and Portugal giving up the ghost and taking down the whole house of cards.How much longer do you think the German taxpayer will continue to pay for this experiment?
:eek: Valid point...less than perfect union..but who lent the money? and what is happening to them ??? Do I see another Bastille day?

You sound like one of those at an "Occupy Wall Street" pig-in. Have you crapped on a cop car today?

Why don't you and your buddies just do what you're best at and start another war or something?
I'm a European. I don't crap in cop cars...must be an American thing

And the last war I took part in, I was flying as a civilian mechanic with the US forces in Desert Storm. They even gave me a medal for it.
So what were you doing Frank ???

:eek:Now, the bottom line . I am told that USA is Democracy .We in Europe think we’re Democracies. 27 of us have banded together to form the EU. We rarely agree on much.
But an effort to reduce carbon emissions over OUR skies is something we’ve managed to agree on. If it will work, again I don’t know. We do NOT need permission from some of you, Hilary Clinton, the US Senate or the North American Airline industry (how much money did they spend lobbying?) to place this on OUR law books. So who really practices Dictatorship and Democracy?

So somebody wants us screwed. Not worth talking about, but fine.
You don’t want to fly to Europe. Fine
For the isolationists. You really need to get out a bit more. Book a flight to the moon and look at OUR planet Earth. Cheaper, buy a poster from NASA. But if you think that you’re the only one on the planet, fine
You don’t need Mass Transit systems in North America but belittle ours. Fine.
By the way, we have our very own Disney, which is served a high-speed rail link, as well as public transport. The French run it. But fine.
Some of you feel you should retaliate. How? By using the same law in the US. Fine
Democracy at work. Fine :huh:
Moved to water cooler

Dont let them get to you. Many here agree that we need to reduce our carbon Footprint, or at the very least reduce our dependancy on energy from areas of the world that may not be that friendly for whatever reason.

I live in New York, we have a great mass transit system, but it could use some improvement. It's not my primary mode of transportation but if it was not there then it would make it that much harder to use my car, because the millions who do use it every day would be on the roads in cars. So if I have to pay a tax on fuel to help fund the MTA so be it, I'll use less gas sitting in traffic. But mass transit is only efficient in densely populated areas like New York. As some have already posted its not practical in many other areas of the US because of how spread out we are.

You have to understand that many are a product of their enviornment, my impression is that generally Europeans are better informed about whats going on in the world, you have BBC News, we have Jerry Springer and Fox News. When employers become aggresive people over there are more willing to shut everything down to restore balance, over here when workers get screwed we say better them than us, until they come after us.

Dont let them get to you. Many here agree that we need to reduce our carbon Footprint, or at the very least reduce our dependancy on energy from areas of the world that may not be that friendly for whatever reason.

I live in New York, we have a great mass transit system, but it could use some improvement. It's not my primary mode of transportation but if it was not there then it would make it that much harder to use my car, because the millions who do use it every day would be on the roads in cars. So if I have to pay a tax on fuel to help fund the MTA so be it, I'll use less gas sitting in traffic. But mass transit is only efficient in densely populated areas like New York. As some have already posted its not practical in many other areas of the US because of how spread out we are.

You have to understand that many are a product of their enviornment, my impression is that generally Europeans are better informed about whats going on in the world, you have BBC News, we have Jerry Springer and Fox News. When employers become aggresive people over there are more willing to shut everything down to restore balance, over here when workers get screwed we say better them than us, until they come after us.
:D Bob Greetings..Happy New Year
I know we didn't agree last time But thank you for understanding my point

Thanks for the link.

Like I've been saying for years, the Government has an interest in seeing our wages go down as well the Banks and other Financial institutions. They have jacked up their cut by as much as 30% over the same period of time where our wages have declined. By slashing our wages and benefits they can raise taxes and not have the political fallout of increased ticket prices. Now the same Government that has dramatically increased their cut from the airlines will decide whether or not the Airline can take more from us through bankruptcy.

And those who have to attack the poster usually don't have anything to rebut their arguments with...

Why you chose to only comment on his choice of delivery & tone instead of the substance might just underscore the point his opinion is more sound than that of the tree-huggers.
Why you chose to comment on NYCDelta's comment on the other poster's tone speaks volumes...

We can do this all day. ;)

Thanks for the link.

Like I've been saying for years, the Government has an interest in seeing our wages go down as well the Banks and other Financial institutions. They have jacked up their cut by as much as 30% over the same period of time where our wages have declined. By slashing our wages and benefits they can raise taxes and not have the political fallout of increased ticket prices. Now the same Government that has dramatically increased their cut from the airlines will decide whether or not the Airline can take more from us through bankruptcy.
That was not my point. I was simply pointing out to the other poster that the AATF exists essentially how it began in 1970. As for the increase, yes it does take much more money now to build and maintain airports, EAS, and the NAS (National Airspace System).

We must continue to rebuild and upgrade our entire NAS. We are operating and maintaining antique systems used for Air Traffic Control and Navigation/ILS. That takes money. We have VOR and ILS transmitters that were designed in the 60's and installed in the 70's. If the airlines cannot safely fly and navigate, our economy, and your job, would end.

Back on topic. I also think that we should take the high road and protect our world. Does that tax on airlines over Europe do that? I dont think so.

Back