Flying US after 3 1/2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to remain objective, and positive in this thread, but I see I was just feeding the trolls. The pervasive "blame the customer" attitude remains I see.

Apparently some of you have already got what you deserve....

Oh and I flew CO yesterday as well SS--and it was just fine :)

I don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal about this. Art just put it out there that he was flying US again. He was a long time customer and has a lot of contacts/friends at US. Haven't you ever let a friend that you would be passing through his/her town in the future.

A lot of what Art said about US was true and he tried to get the management to listen, but was ignored. That's more than I would have done. When I feel a company does me wrong I just go away and forget about them. I wish they had listen, it would be a better airline today.

Welcome back Art, I hope you have a good trip.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny though, 8 hours since reservation and ticketing and NO email from US......their crack IT team must be at it again.
And yet an online booking I just made on usairways.com (putting in my UA number for FF credit) was emailed to my gmail account within 1 minute of completing the purchase. While you've probably checked, is it possible the USAirways email went into any spam folder?

I still try to stick to AA since I'm very close to lifetime Gold, but this was a trip - like yours - that I couldn't avoid US. I've had this attitude for the better part of 2 or 3 years now, but in numerous situations I've flown US for scheduling purposes. I will say that the overall experience has improved noticeably for me to the point that I may start flying them even more on trips where I do have a choice of airlines.

One big deal breaker for me is the power ports. For longer trips I really need to plug in the laptop. I'm still salty over the decision to turn off all the power in the East AB fleet. Having WiFi in the 321 fleet is a plus, but not when the laptop will only last for 2 hours when using WiFi (a big power hog).

I was trying to remain objective, and positive in this thread, but I see I was just feeding the trolls. The pervasive "blame the customer" attitude remains I see.

Apparently some of you have already got what you deserve....

Oh and I flew CO yesterday as well SS--and it was just fine :)

There's no blame the customer going on here. We're simply pointing out that your post reeks of self-importance. I have no issue if someone posts a trip report and posts objective criticism. It's something we can all learn from. This post however was just an opportunity for you and your friends to start your [edited] of haterade before you've even flown. What were you expecting? A pat on the back, an aw shucks sucks for you? I think it's time for you to check back in with reality. Three weeks prior? You've lost your damn mind.

"Blame" for what?

Your trip hasn't even started and already you are looking for something to go wrong to figure out whom to blame?

I made the post because having been a customer AND customer advocate for US customers AND employees I thought I'd let some of my friends in the system know I was giving it another try. Nothing more nothing less. I don't care what the trolls think, but apparently some of you were interested in hearing I was trying it again.

You may rest assured there will be a trip report, which will be fair and honest regardless of which way it goes....

Some of you forget our history with this place...we spent alot of time AND money trying to help both employees AND customers here....glad to see your attitudes are still as bitter now as they were then....

..and finally it's next week, not in three weeks--glad to hear some of your reading comprehension and math skills are still so sharp.

Why would employees' attitudes be changed? Wages are still as low as they where 3 1/2 years ago and consumer prices are much, much higher, erroding whatever buying power employees had at that time. If merger mania continues, there will be fewer and fewer choices and fewer and fewer seats; did the flying public honestly think that low fares and ample airline choices would be the norm?

I made the post because having been a customer AND customer advocate for US customers AND employees I thought I'd let some of my friends in the system know I was giving it another try. Nothing more nothing less. I don't care what the trolls think, but apparently some of you were interested in hearing I was trying it again.

You may rest assured there will be a trip report, which will be fair and honest regardless of which way it goes....

Some of you forget our history with this place...we spent alot of time AND money trying to help both employees AND customers here....glad to see your attitudes are still as bitter now as they were then....

..and finally it's next week, not in three weeks--glad to hear some of your reading comprehension and math skills are still so sharp.

Because disagreeing with you is equivalent to being a troll. That kind of logic totally makes sense. I just call it as I see it...you're being an attention whore.

Reactions: 1 person
Your namecalling skills are quite impressive however misplaced.

I don't mind disagreement and debate-- in fact I encourage it. But when you have to resort to calling names and to insulting other members, I do take offense....

And when you make statements designed to incite, you are in fact a troll...

Your namecalling skills are quite impressive however misplaced.

I don't mind disagreement and debate-- in fact I encourage it. But when you have to resort to calling names and to insulting other members, I do take offense....

And when you make statements designed to incite, you are in fact a troll...

SO you're not attention whoring? Delete your post then and make a report when you ACTUALLY go on your trip.

Perhaps instead of all the name-calling and finger-pointing that happens on this board, you should look at the real reasons why many former loyal US customers no longer fly US.

As a example, here is a blog posting from this morning from someone (not affiliated with FFOCUS, BTW) who has flown US over the past couple of weeks and his pictorial examples of some things that are wrong.

I flew CLT-JFK-CLT this past week, East Crew and Metal from CLT-JFK, plane was nice, except the belts werent crossed and the seatback material was not in order, it was the plane's second leg of the day it RON in IAD and flew IAD to CLT.

The east crew seemed a bit overzealous on making sure everyone was obeying the regs, they were very strict and stern about it, not cordial.

Flew JFK-CLT on west metal and crew, same thing, plane came from PHX-JFK and made up my CLT flight. Seems US doesnt care about the appearance of an airplane on turn flights. Seat belts werent crossed and seatback material was all out of order. Plane arrived at 4:50pm for a 6:15pm departure. West Crew seemed nice, not as stern as the previous flight but still made sure the regulations were adhered too.

Overall it was a pleasant experience on both flights, except for the appearance of the cabin on turn flights.

I flew CLT-JFK-CLT this past week, East Crew and Metal from CLT-JFK, plane was nice, except the belts werent crossed and the seatback material was not in order, it was the plane's second leg of the day it RON in IAD and flew IAD to CLT.

The east crew seemed a bit overzealous on making sure everyone was obeying the regs, they were very strict and stern about it, not cordial.

Flew JFK-CLT on west metal and crew, same thing, plane came from PHX-JFK and made up my CLT flight. Seems US doesnt care about the appearance of an airplane on turn flights. Seat belts werent crossed and seatback material was all out of order. Plane arrived at 4:50pm for a 6:15pm departure. West Crew seemed nice, not as stern as the previous flight but still made sure the regulations were adhered too.

Overall it was a pleasant experience on both flights, except for the appearance of the cabin on turn flights.

Is there an actual order to how the seat pocket material is supposed to be? As a flight attendant, i never got that memo. And, you are upset because the seat belts weren't crossed? Really? There are many things that happen in the 6 minutes or so after the last customer deplanes and the first customer of the new flight steps on board that crossing seat belts would be one of the last things we would have time to do. I'd place it right above the correct order of seat back material.

Appearance means everything, I had meeting with Stephen Wolf over this issue, and he took it very serious and how the planes looked is improved, and sweetie I had 20 Years at US Airways 10 of them was cleaning planes for turns. I know how the process works and knows it well.

And when a passenger sees a dirty plane they wonder if the company maintains the planes per FAA standard.

And yes there is, first the emergency card, magazine, duty free, skymall the barf bag, and if US is paying a vendor to clean the RON then they are wasting their money if they pay for a service that isnt performed.

And you dont reorganize a seatback on through flights.

And the flight came from PHX-CLT and was a west plane, vendor or ground crew should have done the turn cleaning.

And am a paying passenger and the appearance means something to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.