Food Service Providers Set

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Food service providers set for Venice and Barcelona

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - With the May 9th startup of Philadelphia-Venice service rapidly approaching, and the May 16th launch of Philadelphia-Barcelona right behind it, US Airways has selected food service providers in both Venice and Barcelona for in-flight meals.

LSG Sky Chefs will handle catering needs in Barcelona, and Ligabue Gate Gourmet, a company jointly owned by Gate Gourmet and the Italian company Ligabue, will provide these services in Venice.

"We are delighted about expanding our current partnership with LSG and establishing one with Ligabue, both of whom have solid reputations for providing high quality food, beverage and customer support," said Steve Kingsley, Director of Inflight Product and Dining & Cabin Services. "We are pleased to be working with such fine organizations to provide our customers with the highest quality of in-flight food service."

LSG Sky Chefs prepares in-flight food service for over 24 million passengers per year on 350 flights per day for 52 airlines. Of this, LSG Barcelona prepares 2 million meals yearly for 15 carriers, including Spanair, Lufthansa, Alitalia and TAP Air Portugal. It also provides catering services for area schools.

Ligabue Gate Gourmet operates 115 flight kitchens in 30 countries and provides about 19,000 meals a day for 35 airlines including Delta, British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Varig. Its other businesses include catering cruise lines and supply ships.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You don't see them tooting their own horn about lauching the new call centers in MEX, SAL, and MNL....

BTW PIT RES CSD is not permitted to tell passenger that agents in MNL SAL or MEX may have booked their reservations. We were kind enough to get a nice note from management on that little tid bit. Why did they do it if they are not proud of it? The letter point to the "zero tollerance" policy, I don't see the connection but oh well...

More than likely, from my experience in the call center industry...they are putting that policy in place to avoid any irregular call flow pattherns. When I was with AOL back in 2000, we launched the two centers in India. Policy was put in place to not tell people where the center was located and to handle calls where the users would ask "for someone that speaks english." The inquiry was simply met with "i'm sorry you must have gone to our spanish queue, what can i help you with."

The point...its to 1) Keep customers from wanting to be transferred around until they get the center they want, and 2) Keeps any improper activity developing among certain employees that may begin to inject their personal feelings into the call.

A passenger that is giving up personal information such as credit card numbers, home address, business phone number, home phone number and other personal information should have a right to know that his information is being transmitted to a foreign country....

If his personal information is misused, he may find it more difficult to seek restitution and justice, in working with the authorities in El Salvador, Manilla and Mexico City....

Is a 10 year backround history submitted by these "new contract employees" ? Is there a background check done to look for a criminal history?

These are some thoughts of mine...when your hiring people at dirt cheap wages....

What do you think?

I dropped AOL because I could never get much help from the tech desk in India...

So are you saying it is safer to give that personal information to someone domestically? Is there factual data to support your theory that you are more likely to get your personal information stolen through a call center in another country versus one within the US?

When is it they subjected all RES agents to the 10 year back ground check? I thought that the 10 year back ground check was strictly for anyone with SIDA access.

What you consider to be dirt cheap wages are actually very good wages for the people of those countries. They are able to support a family on the wages they are paid. They are not slave labor camps!

While I do not support the outsourcing of jobs, I don't buy into the hysteria that you are trying to create.

I have to say that I have received better and more prompt customer service from AOL's India call centers than I ever did in the US.

I have received better and more prompt customer service from AOL's India call centers than I ever did from their US call centers.

I have to agree w/ MMW. As long as your credit cards are issued by a US bank, your rights are protected by US law. If you choose to carry a credit card issued in another country, then you're wading into different water.

MarkMyWords said:
When is it they subjected all RES agents to the 10 year back ground check? I thought that the 10 year back ground check was strictly for anyone with SIDA access.

Up until I left the company in 2001, all res employees had to have the 10 year backround check completed. Many potential hires were then gone at that point.