My how far this airline has fallen!

I really get annoyed when I see a customer take out their anger at the airline operations/services on a front line employee. It sounds like you handled it well. As you well know, there are customers who won't ever be pleased. The best thing for her to do would have been to just roll with it and accept what was available. If she wanted the red carpet treatment maybe she could have chartered a Lear.

Thanks. She was one miserable person. I could have rolled out the red carpet and promised her the sun, moon and stars and she still wouldn't have been happy. I'm glad I'm not like her. I wanted to be rude back but I thought it wouldn't do any good because she is so miserable that nothing would ever make her happy. She probably would have flipped out big time! She was crazy. I wonder if she has flown another airline that offers those amenities and if so who, when, and where. I would also like to know what she paid for her ticket.

Thanks. She was one miserable person. I could have rolled out the red carpet and promised her the sun, moon and stars and she still wouldn't have been happy. I'm glad I'm not like her. I wanted to be rude back but I thought it wouldn't do any good because she is so miserable that nothing would ever make her happy. She probably would have flipped out big time! She was crazy. I wonder if she has flown another airline that offers those amenities and if so who, when, and where. I would also like to know what she paid for her ticket.

Not defending her, but you can get a glass of milk or a cup of Decaf on any other airline. Heck, you can't even get a glass or cup of anything on US. It's appalling the basic things that are a fight at this place.

As for her, what an idiot. These people act like it's our personal pantry and you as the F/A forgot to stock it with groceries that day. I didn't make these stupid decisions. Do I look like a girl who considers throwing my coat over a wall, and sipping wine out of a party cup while munching on Ruffles to be a classy experience? I sure hope not. The company needs to give us printed excuses for each item we don't have. I stopped making stuff up long ago.

The sad part is I get a good meal on NW MSP-MHT flight on the E-75 and get pretzels on a MSP-PHL-MHT flight.

I agree, I used to look forward to meals like that as well.

Not defending her, but you can get a glass of milk or a cup of Decaf on any other airline. Heck, you can't even get a glass or cup of anything on US. It's appalling the basic things that are a fight at this place.

As for her, what an idiot. These people act like it's our personal pantry and you as the F/A forgot to stock it with groceries that day. I didn't make these stupid decisions. Do I look like a girl who considers throwing my coat over a wall, and sipping wine out of a party cup while munching on Ruffles to be a classy experience? I sure hope not. The company needs to give us printed excuses for each item we don't have. I stopped making stuff up long ago.

I understand that. I figured she is used to flying a real airline where they actually have a real first class and she was disappointed at US Airways because we have nothing! She just didn't have a right to take it out on me. That's all!

And what was the result of all that lavish and expensive catering in F? Did it result in freq flyers swarming over to US in droves and record profits? No, the result was two trips through bankruptcy and almost liquidation. That's why the current management is in no hurry to repeat the mistakes of the past. The goal of any business is to make a profit and like it or not, the current management team is doing it beter than those in the past.

Oh, you're right. It was those damm pyjamas provided on eight of the fleet's planes on once daily flights that put the carrier into bankrupcy. Or was it the milk? The glassware?

I know, it was those blasted closets, combined with the outrageous trash bags.

Those hot towels, warm nuts, and cookies in FC on EVERY AA flight are just killing them. They need to learn a lesson from tempe. I hear all the majors are going to the LCC model.

As your customers have repeatedly told you - its the fares stupid. Its not the warm meals and glassware.

Business class being the one exception.

And what was the result of all that lavish and expensive catering in F? Did it result in freq flyers swarming over to US in droves and record profits? No, the result was two trips through bankruptcy and almost liquidation. That's why the current management is in no hurry to repeat the mistakes of the past. The goal of any business is to make a profit and like it or not, the current management team is doing it beter than those in the past.
:lol: Your serious? Oh my goooooodness. Do you WORK in the sand castle? Do you share these views with your coworkers? Aaaaaaaahahahahaha. I had milk on TWO of my short haul flights this past week or so. I guess we're doomed for BK part III. :rolleyes:

Hmm... If memory serves, back in the late 90's USAir also had the highest RSM of any of the majors and along with Delta, basically owned the eastern corridor. So, I would say yes.

That's why the current management is in no hurry to repeat the mistakes of the past.

How true - they have proven themselves quite capable of making too many of their own mistakes that they have no need to repeat any past mistakes!

They are a bunch of idiots - and if you think that this joke of an airline is going to continue to make a profit long term I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn!

Take me for example - last year over 75 segments on US - this year - 5 segments on US.

Piney, that is the best example of the "high cost of being cheap" I have seen. And is isone of the reasons I left other than an unreliable service and poor IT.

I had 122 high yield segments last year and 5 this year.

And as I said before NW has a full meal (2007 standards) on MSP, and US has pretzels on MSP-PHL-MHT. and NW is known for be frugal, not CHEAP like Tempe. But NW understands the benefits of treating high yield elites. More $$$. About $0.92 per seat mile average.

There is a difference between being frugal, or cost conscious, and just being plain cheap. It is obvioius to all that US chooses the latter. Keep drinking the corporate kool aid, Gaucho.

The issue is that CHEAP costs more than it saves. And yes US is profitable right now, but it is in the middle of the pack, while other more customer and service oriented airlines are equally if not more profitable. US loads were lower than the others during the recent holiday period, and they are more vulnerable to a downturn in the industry than others.

They cannot continue to cut and cut to retain profitability-at some point they are going to have to address the core issue which is operating an airline efficiently and reliably, and not relying on unecessary service/product cuts, and ancillary revenue sources to keep the profits. The labor issues MUST be addressed, and they must be addressed NOW. It's a joke that this company is called LCC when they have the highest COSTS in the industry. Rather than address this, they cheapen the product, and then they come up with all sorts of other revenue streams, such as selling status, marketing other products and services, etc. Let me remind you, first and foremost this is an AIRLINE, not a marketing company. Although marketing is a good part of the equation, first and foremost the mission is to provide safe and reliable transportation at a reasonable cost.

US management has failed at the core competency of running an airline. They are hiding behind smoke and mirrors of profits created by sources other than solely ticket sales, which also covers up the fact that so many high yield flyers have left. Until they understand that they can be profitable and STILL provide value to the customer, they will be the most vulnerable looking forward.

There is a difference between operating efficiently and being CHEAP....Since they are incapable or unwilling to do the first, they are relying on the second...and it will backfire.

Latest posts