(For) FLEET SERVICE CLERKS-- ONLY (Plz.)

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I''m not the brightest bulb on the tree, But can some of my heavy hitter Fsc''s, explain (to this ol'' BEAR, the following ??

Lga(JFK), DFWCC, BAGS, etc;

Did AA change the following;(from what I''m reading on the Twu board)

1. Definded benifit(pensions), for active, and retiree ??

2. Our choice of health plans ? Specifially, will the MO-1(80/20 plan)be available for active and retiree.
3. They mention SYSTEM protection. WHAT ABOUT STATION PROTECTION ???????????????????????????? (As you guys know, that STATION PROTECTION keeps small stations (virtually) OPEN.

Any help you guys can give, the ol'' bear will be grateful.(because right now, he''s a BAMBOOZLED BEAR !!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

PS

I would''nt DARE insult your Itelligence, by asking a $ 12,500 FORCE MAJURE Question !!!!!!!!!!!

The T/A has no dollar amount savings for "Pension," so I would assume no changes.

There is a $5.1 million dollar savings under "Medical & Dental Plan," so expect higher individual costs there.

There is also a $13.6 million dollar savings under "System Protection Credit." What that means is anyones guess.

Under Outsource RON/ULTRACLEAN, each station can expect to lose at least one FT head for each RON at your station. Stations with Ultracleans will see more layoffs than that.

I know what an ultraclean is in a line station but does that include all work done by fsc in tule and mcie maintenance bases. Also,what is RON. What is the date going to be for sys protection line at bottom of agreement marked by ***. Thanx

RON is remain over night aircraft. They will contract out all overnight cleaning. I doubt this will effect work done at the overhaul bases. I can''t imagine having contractors come in to the overhaul bases to clean aircraft.

Another concern for FSC''s is that the Pilot T/A has unlimited RJ''s init. This is the only way AA can compete with WN. If this passes, expect a lot of spoke stations to be closed to TWU FSC.

Everyone has to make up their own mind on how to vote. My vote is NO. I have many reasons, and have no faith AMR''s business plan is viable in the long term.

One vote, NO.

I''ve seen a number, 400 FSC lay-offs system wide and a 50% increase in part time. There will be mtgs all day on WED to explain the new contract. I would hate to take any guesses without more info.

----------------
On 3/31/2003 6:11:23 PM bagsmasher wrote:

The T/A has no dollar amount savings for "Pension," so I would assume no changes.

There is a $5.1 million dollar savings under "Medical & Dental Plan," so expect higher individual costs there.

There is also a $13.6 million dollar savings under "System Protection Credit." What that means is anyones guess.

Under Outsource RON/ULTRACLEAN, each station can expect to lose at least one FT head for each RON at your station. Stations with Ultracleans will see more layoffs than that.

----------------​
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bags,(+ others);
Thanx for the initial help.

Few more questions.
1. What EXACTLY does " modify shift differential to "1", "2", and "3" cents mean?

2. What is a "roll up adjustment" ?????

Bags, I''m inclined to agree with you on the system protection CREDIT.
To me it looks/sounds like we''re granting AA a "one shot" suspension/holiday on article 42(JOB SECURITY), so as to allow this POS deal to be implemented.

As far as the elimination of RON,(and the above mentioned "holiday"), I could see that being enough to close stations, and get rid of STATION PROTECTED GUYS, in "TINY" stations like CMH, PIT, CLE, IND,
BUT,
NOT (quite) enough to get to places like "SMALL" stations like MCI,BDL,TPA, BWI(just to name a few)

Once this "GENOCIDE" is completed, then whatever stations are "still standing", I think that "42" would be RE-APPLIED" , meaning pre 2/11/83 guys(WHO NEVER TRANSFERED) whould ,I hope, be given "Station Protection" again.
Also, (thankfully), there was NO mention of "farming out" A/F, especially in small stations. Obviously(I think) the hubs + places like BOS, JFK, LAX, A/F probably would''nt have been hit no matter what.

AS USUAL,
"TIME WILL TELL" (at AA) !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s