Forced Majeure

----------------
On 3/21/2003 6:48:59 AM retiredman wrote:

----------------
On 3/20/2003 8:07:58 PM PITbull wrote:

I don't know, but is our Industry the only industry that is being effected by a war event?

I don't hear anything about the car rental industry, hotel/entertainment industry, and I don't hear about other profound layoffs in any other industry. Telemarketing? Insurance? communication? Tech? Retail? Utilities? Biotech? Healthcare?

Am I living in a vacume?
10.gif

----------------​
Yea,
You are living in a VACUM, Where have you been for the last 1 1/2 years ? Every segment of our economy is hurting, the AIRLINES more than others. I'm sure in your small world that is because of "BAD" managment. Change your dust bag and crawl back into your vacum.

----------------​

Come on guys, cut me a break. I know the economy is weak...has been since April, 2000. My point is that in the news, I hear and read mostly airline and related industry problems as a sector more than anyother industry. Travel agency have been hurting before 9/11, I'm talking profound layoffs, and major concessions going on in other industries...like Auto, and those kinds of big unions. I know the Doc workers on the West Coast just settled their agreements this past winter, and it was not concessionary. I'm asking if there are specific areas of our economy related to workers that are experiencing this kind of acute problems related to our economy and not BK from accounting irregularities and fraud.
5.gif

Maybe I'll just stay in my vacume
9.gif

Pit--the agency I was working for hired me in January 2002, at 11 per hour. Gave me a raise in March to 12 per hour. January 2003, came in and took ALL of my salary, demanded that I make $5000 in commissions per month, would give me 45% of those commissions. Excuse me they changed it to $6000 per month in commissions. Example--2300 tour package would give us 230 dollars in commissions. With no one traveling--oh a few still are--it is impossible to work in a 3 person office and make that much in commissions per person per month. Hence--I''m off to unemployment office. AND fighting to get that too.

----------------
On 3/21/2003 2:24:29 AM drifterreno wrote:

Everyone is laying off. Travel agencies are really taking a hurt. Where have you been??

----------------​
Airline: Hi cost, low yield business that stimulates the economy in good economic times and only makes a small profit from a robust economy.

Vacuum: Absence of matter. A space empty of matter. A space relatively empty of matter. A space in which the pressure is significantly lower than atmospheric pressure. 2. A state of emptiness; a void. 3. A state of being sealed off from external or environmental influences; isolation.

Words are like arrows, once released they can not be retrieved

2cents said:

I think it''s spelled vacuum.....

DCAflyer says:

While we''re making corrections, its FORCE MAJEUR, not forced majeur. "Force" in this instance is not a verb.

DCAflyer says:

While we''re making corrections, its FORCE MAJEUR, not forced majeur. "Force" in this instance is not a verb.

Hmmmm...you know I thought it was misspelled too, but my correction would have been "FORCED MANEUR" (aka CONSTIPATION).

----------------
On 3/21/2003 10:53:09 AM 35 Yrs and Counting wrote:

----------------

Everyone is laying off. Travel agencies are really taking a hurt. Where have you been??

----------------​
Airline: Hi cost, low yield business that stimulates the economy in good economic times and only makes a small profit from a robust economy.

Vacuum: Absence of matter. A space empty of matter. A space relatively empty of matter. A space in which the pressure is significantly lower than atmospheric pressure. 2. A state of emptiness; a void. 3. A state of being sealed off from external or environmental influences; isolation.

----------------​

That''s why I used the term....so what''s your point?

----------------
On 3/21/2003 2:20:22 PM PITbull wrote:

----------------
On 3/21/2003 10:53:09 AM 35 Yrs and Counting wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

That''s why I used the term....so what''s your point?

----------------​
Thought you read Retiredman also. You answered him

DCAflyer says:

----------------
Force Majeur eh! Is that French? You know lately I don''t care to be speaking any French, so.... could it please be translated into something that us Americans can understand.

----------------
On 3/21/2003 5:04:25 PM OldGuyinPA wrote:

FORCE MAJOR...No more french talk, french fries, french toast, or flying to french cities. Let''s pull out of DeGulle.

----------------​
LMAO Oldguy...I wonder how many people still want to go to CDG. I sense a drop in tourism for the French.

----------------
On 3/21/2003 6:50:29 PM Seatacus wrote:

----------------
On 3/21/2003 5:04:25 PM OldGuyinPA wrote:

FORCE MAJOR...No more french talk, french fries, french toast, or flying to french cities. Let''s pull out of DeGulle.

----------------​
LMAO Oldguy...I wonder how many people still want to go to CDG. I sense a drop in tourism for the French.

----------------​

What about all those wonderful French airplanes ????

Latest posts