LCC to Bogata-maybe.

On the earnings conference call a reporter from the Charlotte Business Journal (or some Charlotte paper) asked a follow up question based on earlier comments about possibly having to remove some international flights from Philadelphia if the gates don't come through and if that could mean more international service for CLT. Kirby stated that it could mean that, and that they were definitely looking to expand internationally from CLT in the not too distant future to both Europe AND South America....Doug quickly interjected and threw in an "EVENTUALLY". Then Scott said...."Yeah, eventually". Then this application for CLT service to South America less then one week later.....either they didn't want to let on that they could be filing this or they think Bogota is in a country that is in Latin America or the Carribbean...not South America
What about PHX and LAS? Our Costa Rica only runs on Saturday. Heck might as we'll and pull the market like everything else in these hubs! :down:

Since when does having a Latin community automatically make a flight to Bogota a recipe for success. Saying that a city has a large Latin community, and then saying that a flight to Bogota could do well, is like saying that a city has a large Korean community, so a flight to Taipei could do very well.

Charlotte's Hispanic community comes almost entirely from Mexico and Guatemala and could care less about flying to Bogotá.
thank you. read my mind.

as some one else mentioned, many Colombians have settled mostly in South Florida,New york...im not sure about the DC metro area. the route would still be a money maker, especially during the summer and winter seasons.

and dont pay too much attention with the whole "violence" BS. its decreased dramatically over the last 5 years. theres still a risk, but so is the rest of latin america. its not the vioent country it used to be in the 80's and 90's.

i for one cant wait to travel to BOG

I do too. My favorite is Fotografía. I would do anything to have Juanes on my flight! OMG I don't even know what I would do if I saw him walk on the plane. I bet they would fly the 757 because that's what they fly (at least when I did it they did) to Mexico City. CCS would be cool too. I didn't like Caracas so much, but I have been to Valencia and a bunch of islands that were gorgeous! ¡Bellísimas! It is pretty flying into Caracas from the air and there are some things I missed so I would go back in a heartbeat. Um. Now I want some arepas, black beans, rice and plantains.
didnt know some ppl here knew about Juanes. :up:

de donde eres?

qreo que despues de bogota van a ver vuelos a lima,quito,buenos aires,panama,y sao paulo. ojala que si.
man, if that happens...its gonna be freakin great! so much to see in S. America. seriously, i rather travel there before Asia and Europe.

Well if we're going to originate from a city with lots of Latinos, that would be LGA and DCA--and PHX too, before CLT I would think.

DCA and LGA are not international airports, despite the inevitable announcement by the flight attendants on landing: "Welcome to LaGuardia International Airport." There are no US Customs and Immigration facilities to process inbound international passengers. The only flights from outside US territory permitted to arrive at LGA and DCA are flights from pre-cleared airports, i.e. FPT, NAS, BDA, AUA, and most of the big Canadian cities.

either they didn't want to let on that they could be filing this or they think Bogota is in a country that is in Latin America or the Carribbean...not South America

South America IS in Latin America. Latin America is that part of the America's where "Romance Languages," i.e. languages directly derived from Latin, are the predominant languages. This means pretty much everything mainland south of the Rio Grande is Latin America because the predominant languages spoken are Spanish and Portuguese.

So, Bogota is in fact in Latin America, as well as in South America.

South America IS in Latin America. Latin America is that part of the America's where "Romance Languages," i.e. languages directly derived from Latin, are the predominant languages. This means pretty much everything mainland south of the Rio Grande is Latin America because the predominant languages spoken are Spanish and Portuguese.

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."

-- Quote widely attributed to former US Vice-President Dan Quayle

Lets not forget Haiti. they speak creole--which is like broken up french. lol

English is about 35% from Latin mostly via words that came from French origins.

English is about 35% from Latin mostly via words that came from French origins.

English is not a romance language.

http://www.answers.com/topic/romance-languages

Romance languages---
Group of related languages derived from Latin, with nearly 920 million native speakers. The major Romance languages — French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Romanian — are national languages. French is probably the most internationally significant, but Spanish, the official language of 19 American countries and Spain and Equatorial Guinea, has the most speakers. Languages spoken in smaller areas include Catalan, Occitan, Sardinian, and Rhaeto-Romance. The Romance languages began as dialects of Vulgar Latin, which spread during the Roman occupation of Italy, the Iberian Peninsula, Gaul, and the Balkans and developed into separate languages in the 5th – 9th centuries. Later, European colonial and commercial contacts spread them to the Americas, Africa, and Asia.

Has anyone been able to find the Notices of Action for route authorizations on the www.regulations.gov website? I am only able to find old notices even though I search on a recent date window. If anyone knows, can you advise how you conducted your search?
Thanks

I don't think that the DOT has requested applications yet, although DL has applied for daily service from JFK and 4 day/week service from ATL.

Jim