FOX NEWS and the GOP. The GIFT that KEEPS on G I V I N G !

The examples used are costs based on employer plans.

Why not try and read the actual documents instead of throwing fear based bites out.

Good point Quag's........maybe you should heed your own warning.

They were talking about people without employer based coverage......Duh

In the new rules published Wednesday, the IRS also made law the regulations regarding the fines and penalties incurred if someone chooses not to buy the insurance. And in an attempt to explain these laws, the agency draws up a few examples.
“[T]he IRS assumes that families of five who are uninsured would need to pay an average of $20,000 per year to purchase a Bronze plan in 2016,” CNS notes.
“Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a ‘penalty’ (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a ‘tax’) of $2,400 in 2016,” the report adds.

Example 3. Family without minimum essential coverage.
“(i) In 2016, Taxpayers H and J are married and file a joint return. H and J have three children: K, age 21, L, age 15, and M, age 10. No member of the family has minimum essential coverage for any month in 2016. H and J’s household income is $120,000. H and J’s applicable filing threshold is $24,000. The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.
“(ii) For each month in 2016, under paragraphs ( b(2)(ii) and ( b(2)(iii) of this section, the applicable dollar amount is $2,780 (($695 x 3 adults) + (($695/2) x 2 children)). Under paragraph ( b(2)(i) of this section, the flat dollar amount is $2,085 (the lesser of $2,780 and $2,085 ($695 x 3)). Under paragraph ( b(3) of this section, the excess income amount is $2,400 (($120,000 – $24,000) x 0.025). Therefore, under paragraph ( b(1) of this section, the monthly penalty amount is $200 (the greater of $173.75 ($2,085/12) or $200 ($2,400/12)).
“(iii) The sum of the monthly penalty amounts is $2,400 ($200 x 12). The sum of the monthly national average bronze plan premiums is $20,000 ($20,000/12 x 12). Therefore, under paragraph (a) of this section, the shared responsibility payment imposed on H and J for 2016 is $2,400 (the lesser of $2,400 or $20,000)​

They provided examples based on people who have access to employer based coverage and choose not to buy it. They have examples for many of those situations as well as many others.

You chose a fear monger news bite and threw it out on the board.

They provided examples based on people who have access to employer based coverage and choose not to buy it. They have examples for many of those situations as well as many others.

You chose a fear monger news bite and threw it out on the board.

The article was based on and for people who do not have coverage and will pay the penalty if you bothered to read it.

Like I said, read before you react......don't try and change the narrative.

th_democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg