Fresh Graduates in Aviation Engineering

Avcs Engg.

Jul 3, 2010
Hello,
i am a fresh graduate. i have done "Bachelors of Avionics Engineering" from my country and now i have its US equalization as well.
i have NO commercial aircraft experience.
recently i have moved to US as a permanent resident and i have work permit too.
i want to pursue my career in Aircrafts. But i have a wish to go to "Development" or "Planning" side in an airline or aircraft maintenance industry.
Please people with all your experience and expertise guide me as a new bie.
Please guide me that what certifications/licences do i require ?
and how should i pursue my career in the aircraft maintenance industry of U.S?
Last but not the least please guide me with sincere suggestions that how can i time effectively achieve my goal of becoming a development or planning engineer in the aircraft maintenance industry.
i'll be thankful for your precious advice.

You have to be kidding me? Is this the AMTA trying to bait me? I'll give this one a shot.

As far as an engineer goes I would suggest a shotgun effect on your resume dispersal. I mean several shots as well, don't send one out and wait a few weeks before sending another. The more time that goes by since graduation the more difficult it will be to find a job. Don't expect to end up in a location where you want to be.

Now if you wish to pursue a carreer in maintenance as an AMT there is absolutly no additional training reqired. As a matter af fact your bachelors is a total waste of time along with the fact you can write and understand English.

Reactions: 1 person
Hello,
i am a fresh graduate. i have done "Bachelors of Avionics Engineering" from my country and now i have its US equalization as well.
i have NO commercial aircraft experience.
recently i have moved to US as a permanent resident and i have work permit too.
i want to pursue my career in Aircrafts. But i have a wish to go to "Development" or "Planning" side in an airline or aircraft maintenance industry.
Please people with all your experience and expertise guide me as a new bie.
Please guide me that what certifications/licences do i require ?
and how should i pursue my career in the aircraft maintenance industry of U.S?
Last but not the least please guide me with sincere suggestions that how can i time effectively achieve my goal of becoming a development or planning engineer in the aircraft maintenance industry.
i'll be thankful for your precious advice.

You need to stay glued to the Boeing companys career site.
They LOVE degrees and people full of the Kool-Aid...

Stay persistent, you may have to start somewhere where you're not really thrilled about it. But you can easily make a move in an airline and especially the lazy B(that'd be Boeing).
Good luck.