From "the Motley Fool" Newsletter

JAMAKE1 said:
It has nothing to do with the shoe being on the other foot. This guy from CAL comes over to the United board to provoke. He has clearly expressed his glee at the prospect of United failing and is holding a twenty year grudge because some pilots displayed anti-Lorenzo slogans on their bags.
"One less Airline Can Make A Difference" is a DIRECT slur against each and every employee that Cal had on their property at the time for the very top to the last employee hired. You must think that everyone is stupid. To say that that slogan was anti-Lorenzo is correct, but it was also directed at each and every employee. There would have be no love lost for any of the employees had CO not made it.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, kind of hurts doesn't it?? Get a life!!! CALno1 has a valid point and just because were backed into a corner you don't like it. It's very understandable that our financial futures are in limbo, much the way they felt 20 years ago. Diversify, it will help you sleep better at night.

......."Well now the unthinkable has happened. United is the bottom of the barrel and CAL is number ONE in every way there is to measure an Airline."

You've got to be kidding.....is Continental now the world's largest airline? AA has gone by the wayside with the stroke of YOUR pen?

CALno1 has a valid point and just because were backed into a corner you don't like it

WADR, Each and every UAL employee that gloated or cheared for the demise of CAL and the jobs that it provided to the few non-scab pilots and other employees at the time were quite simply jerks and an embarassment to UAL and the profession, just as CAL#1 is today.. Clear enough?

Diversify, it will help you sleep better at night.

Yes it will :D

It is late, and I am late in catching up in determining what the latest is with United, but I am confused by a remark made earlier in this thread and how it pertains to the future of the airline at hand.
The following was made by CALno1:

“Graduated University of Texas Masters program with a 3.8 and an MBA. Aside from flying I also own my own small business with four full time employees that grossed 1.2 million last year.â€￾

In parsing the first sentence I am unable to determine if this is a claim to buttress a certain adroitness at disputation – a claim to intellectual bona fides?. Is it meant to imply that the writer in some way brings to the table an unprecendented intellectual rigour that sweeps the other disputants to the side? Is it to imply a requisite level of savoir vivre, class, and commentary expertise that renders the writer’s opinion correct?
Or is it perhaps an admission of intellectual and logical hinderance - a request for quarter in a battle lost – that one overlook this limp with which the writer takes to the starting line?
The second sentence is also unclear. Does the acquistion of money (even worse, the mention of it in debate) pertain to rigorous debate? How is it germane other than to prove that those who talk about money are not those with whom one would like to socialize? Or does it rather bespeak a distinct lack of breeding in disputation?
How does either sentence relate to United?
Cheers

CALno.1:

Since when does having an MBA equate to emotional intelligence and self-dignity? Judging by the comments you have displayed on these boards, I think you may have some unresolved internalized anger that you are reflecting outward. For an adult male (I presume) who is well educated and who is a flight officer, you don't convey yourself in a very dignified manner. You certainly do not display the qualities of an aviation professional in the way you express yourself. Nothing you have said is productive or respectable.

Borescope:

If you are a United employee, I for the life of me, cannot figure out why you are cheerleading this guy on...

Busdrvr said:
CALno1 has a valid point and just because were backed into a corner you don't like it

WADR, Each and every UAL employee that gloated or cheared for the demise of CAL and the jobs that it provided to the few non-scab pilots and other employees at the time were quite simply jerks and an embarassment to UAL and the profession, just as CAL#1 is today.. Clear enough?

Diversify, it will help you sleep better at night.

Yes it will :D
Busdrvr I think you summed it all up :up:

Thank you B)

ukridge,

Man do you say what I want to say but can't. ;)

The eloquence of your views is almost wasted on someone with a degree from a school in Texas. Remember this state has given us the oh so eloquent GWB. The immortal King George II. I am sure the folks in the UK are somewhat in awe of the Royal Bush family here in the states. If only we had to worry about GWB and a Camilla'ish charachter. Instead we have a King with a penchant for Wars, Lying and daughters and nieces that like a few illegal drugs just for grins. Oh those Republicans sure like to have a good time. Unfortunately they do not wish anyone else but themselves a good time. Think that might be the definition of free market economy.

Anyway I digress. Back to CAL 1. He is from Texas, what else is there to say. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Or come to think of it the skateboard crowd uses the word "tool" for people that are pretty much just like CAL 1.

Cheers and have a Strong Bow for me if you don't mind. By the way I was on a layover this week and saw all those pretty young ladies in the Royal Ascot wear. Oh my what a wonderful event with such terrific gear. I truly love the UK.

True to United form, the UAers talk about everything except that which really matters...:rolleyes:

jwp767 said:
......."Well now the unthinkable has happened. United is the bottom of the barrel and CAL is number ONE in every way there is to measure an Airline."

You've got to be kidding.....is Continental now the world's largest airline? AA has gone by the wayside with the stroke of YOUR pen?

Yes, I stand corrected. CAL is not the largest. I was not considering size as part of the criteria of being Number 1. Let me restate. We are the BEST airline, not the largest.

I'm just wondering exactly what it is that Cal is number one in? I hear Bethune's new book will be "worst to first to worst again" I'll give credit where credit is due, Cal WAS the number one Big 6 airline in terms of Tardiness. Yup, last in on time rate in the latest DOT stats for the big 6 and 18/19 for all reporting airlines. Customer complaints? Yep, worse than UAL. Involuntary DB's? again, worse than UAL. Yeah cal#2, you rock.... :rolleyes:

Click here for the latest DOT consumer report

:shock: everyone at United...get to work.....my husband just suggested that I have another baby :shock: OMG....Now we gotta make this work! Motley Fool....I intend to prove this wrong.

Latest posts