Fuel prices way high!

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
WOW! Just reported on CNN. How can US survive this biggest surge in fuel prices? With all the problems with our company, where do we go from here? Besides charging the customer, can we overcome this surge? :blink:

WOW! Just reported on CNN. How can US survive this biggest surge in fuel prices? With all the problems with our company, where do we go from here? Besides charging the customer, can we overcome this surge? :blink:
So lets call back more flight attendants to park planes and lay people off. What a bunch of idiots.

Employees could always work for free. Retirees could always give up their retirement. Give up medical, no one get sick.

OBTW, this is not a "surge", it will be the new bottom, adjust or fail. Over the next few years, oil can reach $300 per barrel according to economists, higher if the US makes more war.

Bye Bye all 50 Seat RJ's

HELLO DASH 8 Q400's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only dreaming!! Plus it makes too much sense, what was I thinking.

I hope US and all the airlines have some hedging in place so they won't be paying those high prices right away. If the oil stays that high, however, US won't be the only airline that has to do the penny pinching....

I hope US and all the airlines have some hedging in place so they won't be paying those high prices right away. If the oil stays that high, however, US won't be the only airline that has to do the penny pinching....

BoeingBoy recently posted a summary of all the airlines' hedged positions and, IIRC, most of them had about one-fourth of their 2008 consumption hedged at effective prices below the current market price. Of course, that means for the other 75% of their fuel needs, the current market price is what they'll pay. Ouch.

I'd look for most airlines to begin grounding their least fuel efficient airplanes in the near future.

I found BoeingBoy's summary - it's post #21 of this thread:

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry577790

BoeingBoy recently posted a summary of all the airlines' hedged positions and, IIRC, most of them had about one-fourth of their 2008 consumption hedged at effective prices below the current market price. Of course, that means for the other 75% of their fuel needs, the current market price is what they'll pay. Ouch.

I'd look for most airlines to begin grounding their least fuel efficient airplanes in the near future.
Exactly my point. You know this is going to happen. So they call back all these flight attendants only to furlough them when they park these planes. Quite a team we have.

Fuel prices way high!, $105.51 dollars and rising. Where does this leave US?

it leaves us without glassware.

Can you imagine if US had to start skimping on services offered to customers to offset fuel prices? YIKES! ! ! ! What will they take away? A wing? An engine? Seat belts? :lol:

Fuel prices way high!, $105.51 dollars and rising. Where does this leave US?

it leaves us without glassware.

Glassware will be the least of our worries in the not so distant future. This is not good people. What is our most fuel inefficient a/c (mainline)? I'm guessing the 767-200. The problem is the markets we use them in generate lots of revenue. And there is nothing to replace them with quickly.

I really don't see why I should care. It's not like my salary is doing anything. Perhaps Mr. Parker might have to take less of a bonus? There's a thought.

Before you tell me it could affect negotiating, there would actually have to be NEGOTIATING. Till then, it's the nightmare accountants' problem. I fail to see where the service could be further denigrated. Plastic wrapped subs to Europe? Are Submarine sandwiches an "American Cuisine?"

Well we know we work for THE cost conscious innovators. If there is some wacko way to cut costs they'll find the most pimped out ghetto way to do it. Don't underestimate The Branch Davidian Compound (Tempe) and Doug (David Koresh) Parker to strip this baby to the bare bones. :rolleyes: What airlines need to do is raise the fare for leisure travelers. My aunt just bought 4 round trip tickets to Tampa for $143.00 each. You CAN'T drive for that. These kind of fares IMO are not gonna be around for long if we wanna survive.

Is this a rumor? I just read that US/HP will be offering lap dances on all int'l and selected domestic flights to offset rising fuel prices. Cost of such dance will be negoitable and vary depending on intensity and duration. Have a nice flight! Oh yeah don't forget that for every dollar spent you will recieve a dividend mile, double if you use your Dividend Charge Card. Have a USAIR day!

I have an IDEA....I think all the airlines should get together in protest and pick a day to shut down the U.S. airline industry for a day...then maybe, just maybe the government might wake up and do something about these ridiculous, out of control, outrageous fuel prices. I realize many people would be inconvenienced, but it would certainly get the point across, wouldn't it?

Pick a Tuesday or a Wednesday for instance, and give customers enough advance notice to get rescheduled.

What the hell, since I'm on a roll...we should all refuse to fill our gas tanks for a weekend and STAY HOME with our families. I put 12 gallons in my tank last night and it cost me $39.60!!
That's just insane! :angry: