Game addiction costs Alec Baldwin his airline seat

Well, as that pilot said, on some of the a/c the communications antenna is properly shielded. But since the antenna is on the outside of the a/c, over time the shielding material gets worn off. Let's hope you are not on the airplane that proves the FAA and the FCC were right after all. And, I repeat it doesn't matter how many times you left your cellphone on and nothing happened. It's against the law. Or, are you (as several on Flyertalk stated openly) one of those people who believes that your constitutional rights include ignoring any law you don't agree with? If everyone felt that way, we would not have a democracy, we would have anarchy.

I am not one who feels he is above the law or anything. All I am saying is that from all the things I have read the FAA passed this law with out any sound research behind it. I believe is there was any credible threat they would be taking serious precautions. I have a hard time taking this serious when the airlines and FAA do not take it serious. I turn my phone off most of the time but as I have said, there have been timers when I forgot to do so and I am sure I am not the only one who has failed to do so. BTW, I cannot even count the number of times I have seen FA's talking on their fon after the rest of us are told not to be talking. Just saying.

Reactions: 1 person
I am not one who feels he is above the law or anything. All I am saying is that from all the things I have read the FAA passed this law with out any sound research behind it. I believe is there was any credible threat they would be taking serious precautions. I have a hard time taking this serious when the airlines and FAA do not take it serious. I turn my phone off most of the time but as I have said, there have been timers when I forgot to do so and I am sure I am not the only one who has failed to do so. BTW, I cannot even count the number of times I have seen FA's talking on their fon after the rest of us are told not to be talking. Just saying.

So what is your experience and knowledge of HIRF?

All I am saying is that from all the things I have read the FAA passed this law with out any sound research behind it
I call it the peace and quiet law. When after spending time in the boarding area and then at your seat forced to endure listening to ridiculous and inane one sided conversations. When for what ever reason, I am always seated near someone who is either hard of hearing or tying to talk on the phone to someone who is. Thank you God for the sound of the door closing and the restful humm and vibrations of the engines. Now I can fall asleep.

Hey. Im all for.peace and quiet as well. The.only thing I.am saying is that if there was a real and credible threat as a result of fon useage then I.would think the FAA/airlines would take a harder line on comtroling the useage. Given that they do not it is no wonder the public does not take it seriously either.

Hey. Im all for.peace and quiet as well. The.only thing I.am saying is that if there was a real and credible threat as a result of fon useage then I.would think the FAA/airlines would take a harder line on comtroling the useage. Given that they do not it is no wonder the public does not take it seriously either.

Is English not your first language?

Can't tell you how many times I've left my cell ph on.(too many to remember)

When was the last time you saw a Capt or F/O (or F/A instr by flt deck for that matter)come down the aisles asking "who's cell ph is on?....we're exp nav/com interference in the flt deck!).....
If it was that damn big of a deal, they'd collect the cells prior to boarding or flat ban them at the harassment-er, TSA "screening"., make everyone ck them. But alas, that wouldn't go over too well with cust or communication ind.

Think about it...

Can't tell you how many times I've left my cell ph on.(too many to remember)

When was the last time you saw a Capt or F/O (or F/A instr by flt deck for that matter)come down the aisles asking "who's cell ph is on?....we're exp nav/com interference in the flt deck!).....
If it was that damn big of a deal, they'd collect the cells prior to boarding or flat ban them at the harassment-er, TSA "screening"., make everyone ck them. But alas, that wouldn't go over too well with cust or communication ind.

Think about it...

My point exactly. If the FAA and the airlines do not take it seriously then why on earth would the passengers? This was a knee jerk reaction by the airlines with no basis.

The Flyertalk crowd isn't giving him much support:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-aadvantage/1288340-alec-baldwin-apparently-kicked-off-aa-flight-lax.html

I have that admitted that I don't watch stupid TV. Still I have seen Alec on some TV Bank ads.

From what I gather from reading from those ads and these posts Alec typifies all that is to be a real New YAARker. His bad boy, and brashness additude speak to all who hail from the Big Apple.

The New AMR will be lucky to pick him up as a pitchman on TV. New Yorkers are a roudy bunch, but they'll break the doors down to get into some they like. Just ask the millions that fill Yankee Stadium. The number one sports franchise in the world.

Right now AMR needs some door busting deals to regain the New York market.

Or just forgettaboutit...

Latest posts