Gauntlet thrown down in PHL

D M G

Senior
Dec 2, 2003
The company has been told by an AGC that all the employees who were fired need to be reinstated within ten days of termination, or there will be a job action twenty days out. Two AGCs have been going from breakroom to breakroom spreading the word. Support amongst FSA for those fired seems to be at about 50%.

Google that DellDude.

So now I know how the IAM works...We will be stupid and go kick some a&* and get fired. Now we want everyone to get us our jobs back? If you FSA's in PHL do this, you are just part of the problem. This is no way to be "unified". This is "mob mentality".

The only reason that anyone would even go along with this job action, which could mean losing their own jobs, would be one of two reasons: 1.They have been threatened and are afraid if they don't, they will get hurt or 2. They are as stupid as the thugs at the Marriott. :down:

Let's go back to BWI.... :up:

I heard that same story 2 days ago!

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that. Maybe our resident amateur Labor Attorney aka 700UW can enlighten us on the fine points of what would happen to the 50% who staged a "Job Action".

The threat was actually made to management as guys were getting fired the other day.

I think the angle the Union is taking is that it's a dispute between Unions, and the company has no right to take any disciplinary action on anyone for something that happened off of company property. There's also references made to the Railway Labor Act being violated by the company with these terminations, thus allowing a job action. Maybe Delldude can Google and find some info on the RLA for us.

UFC Cage Match...between B and C Concourse...timed between pushes...

IAM vs. TWU/IBT...winner takes all...so much easier...

So a AGC went on record and came to our breakrooms and said this huh. Well this sounds more like ramp rumors .Who was the AGC? Remember the IAM is compelled by law to represent the people involved. The start a job action will only support their misguided actions.

The company has been told by an AGC that all the employees who were fired need to be reinstated within ten days of termination, or there will be a job action twenty days out. Two AGCs have been going from breakroom to breakroom spreading the word. Support amongst FSA for those fired seems to be at about 50%.
Google that DellDude.
I seriousily doubt an AGC said that as it is against the RLA and the individual and the IAM can be held liable for damages if an illegal job action takes place.

Sounds like BS hearsay to me.

It would have to go to Federal Court and the judge declare it a major dispute in order for a job action to be legal, it is a minor dispute, therefore it has to run its course in the grievance procedure.

AGC is Assistant General Chairman, a District Union Representative in charge of enforcing the contract.

Bob,

Show me once atom of proof that the IAM sanctioned or condoned the attack?

Seems to me none of us were in the room and do not know exactly what happened. You are all operating on hearsay and you are just trying to stir the pot and make yourself seem important when it has nothing to do with you.

The AGC was there. He is an the "enforcer" of the contract. Is he not an IAM official? Well, if he condoned it, then I guess the IAM did too since he is the IAM.

If I'm wrong, then enlighten me.

He was there and operated on his own, not with the blessing of his boss or any other IAM Leader.

Back