Held Hostage in an US AIRWAYS Fortress Hub (Comedy)

I think it is a hilarious post. I would never post or encourage posting of a rant like that, especially since I am completely happy with the way my fantastic airline treats me. I can't believe anyone would THINK I AM THAT STUPID. :)

Have a nice day everyone!! Kiss Kiss ;) :up:

Shannon,

I feel for you. From a crew perspective, it's tough to understand why there are not any rampers for push/arrival. It's tough to understand why there isn't a jetway driver. It is tough to understand why we can't get MEL's fixed prior to the last possible day. It's tough to understand why we can't get basic supplies for the airplane. However, having a ramp/mx background prior to becoming flight crew I always remind the ones that complain that most of the time these folks are working with what the company has given them. We may not realize that an agent or a baggage handler is working 2 or even 3 gates. We may not realize it is shift change and the company hasn't scheduled any overlap. We may not realize that the company hasn't restocked supplies, so the mechanic or cleaner is having to find another aircraft to rob. I try to remind the complainers that the company gives no incentive to the people behind the scenes to go over and above. In fact I would say they try to squash moral rather than build it. It's very sad. I remember much better times in the past. A time where we all worked together for the customer. As a side note Shannon....if we are the last flight of the night and there are connections.....tell the captain......sometimes we have a "glitch in a system" that we need to query MX about. If we can take the heat off of you and help our passengers then at least we have made someone happy in our little corner of the world.

You had me at hello.