F/a Sick Calls And No Contacts

Justaramper,

First of all, I did not make any assumption that YOU live for your job. I was speaking in plural and making a general statement, just as you were. Evidently, you centered everything around yourself and took it personal. Reread the post slowly, and carefully.

Secondly, who the hell are you again?????? I missed it somewhere here.

I answered you and this is the third reply from you that is caustic....that is a FACT!

I have heard your exact "noise" from this management...how ironic, don't you think? I don't need to hear YOU tell me what the company has or will do. We do what WE feel is necessary to elicit positive change. When this management violates contract language and specifically f/a contract language, f/as will take it to the streets. Folks coming to work sick effects everyone....

Lavman is off this board...I won't have the likes of you push me there!

Bob,

By George, I think you finally got it! This has nothing to do with "sick abuse", has to do with employee lost time and employees who are sick being deemed "liabilities" to this company.

At U, you just have to get sick to get the "boot".

In PIT we presently have 4 f/as on "final level" for excessive sick. And they are very ill, and can't afford to go off on a medical with no income. Long Term Disability is a 4 month wait with no income now, since the new concessionary contract of Winter, and their sick bank is depleted. That wait will cause "repo" of their homes.

The Following From The CWA Web Site

CWA will sponsor an FMLA lawsuit…

There is persistent and growing evidence that questionable methods are being used to reject FMLA medical certifications or re-certifications of US Airways employees, leading in some cases to careers jeopardized because of unprotected absences.
Having reached a dead-end in discussions to resolve the numerous cases involved, CWA is now preparing a federal lawsuit to seek relief.
If you have been rejected for your FMLA initial certification or re-certification please contact your CWA local for information about joining the lawsuit against those parties responsible for the willful violation of employees' rights under the FMLA provisions.

I applaud CWA!

I look forward to AFA affiliation with CWA...will make us all a hell of a "UNIFIED" team of members!

Really?!? :blink: Over at United, the CWA affiliation is why the f/a's have started a signature campaign to lose AFA completely. We don't want them and figure that AFA never actually counts the real votes we submit anyway, so we'll get CWA, like it or not. Soooooo, we need to lose AFA too.

fly,

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Here on U property, AFA bust thier humps to serve the membership. U has a "strike fund" being voted on presently and it is JUST for the USA flight attendants for a job action. This "once -a -year" assessment will NOT go into the AFA general fund.

If we vote to affiliate with CWA, AFA will still hold their autonomy.

Good luck to us all.

TVLOOPS said:
The Following From The CWA Web Site

CWA will sponsor an FMLA lawsuit…

There is persistent and growing evidence that questionable methods are being used to reject FMLA medical certifications or re-certifications of US Airways employees, leading in some cases to careers jeopardized because of unprotected absences.
Having reached a dead-end in discussions to resolve the numerous cases involved, CWA is now preparing a federal lawsuit to seek relief.
If you have been rejected for your FMLA initial certification or re-certification please contact your CWA local for information about joining the lawsuit against those parties responsible for the willful violation of employees' rights under the FMLA provisions.
will the IAM follow suit? Or as an IAM member can I contact the CWA?
Anybody know?

fast,

You need to contact IAM Reps. Let them know that CWA is going to challenge this violation of the FMLA law in court. Tell your grievance chair to contact the grievance chair of CWA.

Then follow up in a week to make sure this was done. Perhaps IAM can join in this suit with CWA.

I will notify the AFA MEC, to see if we can all jump on this to enforce the law on our property. It is difficult for AFA because we are not 40 hour work week folks. We work flight hours of approx 20, therefore we are covered under the Peronal Care Leave to qualify the hours.

Hey Pit,

That's exactly what we have heard too. For some reason, AFA uses the UAL f/a's as a cash cow and nothing else. We rarely can get them to respond to us, let alone help us. Good luck to all of us is right!!!

If that is the way you feel, and if there are many, as you cite, then you need to start to "out" some of your leaders. Either use the constitution to "reacall" them OR elect them OUT.

Fly said:
Hey Pit,

That's exactly what we have heard too. For some reason, AFA uses the UAL f/a's as a cash cow and nothing else. We rarely can get them to respond to us, let alone help us. Good luck to all of us is right!!!
If you guys at UAL can't be heard when President Pat Friend comes from UAL, than that's your own damn fault.

Yes, AFA needs your money. They need all of our money. What do you think the organization runs on, jet fuel? Merging with CWA and maintaining our identity is a great idea and will provide a needed cash infusion...one much greater than your "cash cow " at UAL. :eek:

Latest posts