Get Ready Boyz!

Decision 2004 said:
Then why don't you a least have the courtesy to leave the line guys with AMFA before you surrender?
[post="201517"][/post]​

Actually I don't think it will be a matter of surrendering for most of us it will be a matter of AA slowly but surely sending Overhaul to somewhere else and then one day telling who ever is left not to show up tommorrow as AA no longer needs their services, this will only apply to Overhaul not the line stations as they will always have a job as long as AA is still in business, but hey everyone knows that it was Tulsa that kept AMFA from getting in at AA, so once Tulsa Overhaul is gone the line stations will get AMFA I have no doubt.

It is just a matter of time Line guys so just hold on and you will get what you want, Overhaul will be out of your way, I think United will start paving the way for that as they are now wanting to perform Maintenance at non U.S locations per there offer to AMFA.

Decision 2004 said:
Yep,

I can see all that UNITY now.

Just look at the postings by the bus fume addicts.

As soon as the TWU worshippers in Tulsa find out that a Nation Wide Strike would open up their job security provisions to a successful force majeure claim by AA, there will not be anything but cowards left. All this big talk about walkouts will turn into boot shakin Okies without any nads.

Lucky to Have a Job will be pounded into their heads by TWU leadership.
[post="201513"][/post]​

Man I hate it when you're right. I know what needs to be done, as you do, but I'd hate to lead these guys anywhere, you look behind you and see 10 members, you're history.

There are more ways to skin a cat also, think of what the company requires to make the stockholders happy campers and adjust accordingly.

And Ken, billboards would be great to boost morale, but do you think the public really cares about us, or Sprint, or others hit by the corporate greed?

Raptor said:
I might just do that but I am not surrendering just yet, I am willing to fight the company if everyone else in Tulsa is willing to fight with me.

[post="201520"][/post]​

Now that's a great attitude;"if everyone else in Tulsa is willing to fight with me." Hell I've been getting the sh*t kicked out of me by this company for years fighting them on behalf of the membership. Despite my union of choice, I will never take the timid approach of "if everyone else in Tulsa is willing to fight with me." You fight today and everyday, if you don't you continue to lose ground that you will never recover. True unionism is all about fighting regardless of the name, if you're not willing to fight then it might be time for a gut check.

BTW...The twu has proved over the years that the leadership is unwilling to fight, just look at the results.

Drippy Quill said:
Man I hate it when you're right. I know what needs to be done, as you do, but I'd hate to lead these guys anywhere, you look behind you and see 10 members, you're history.

There are more ways to skin a cat also, think of what the company requires to make the stockholders happy campers and adjust accordingly.

And Ken, billboards would be great to boost morale, but do you think the public really cares about us, or Sprint, or others hit by the corporate greed?
[post="201538"][/post]​

drip, I do think that billboards are the first step in getting the attention of the public & elected officials. It gets people talking. In SAN we have had a handfull of pickets and most were covered by the media, print, radio & television. After each picket I would be somewhere, shopping, at the gym, etc. and people would mention they saw me talking about our profession and wish us luck. This is one station doing this on our own dime. Imagine if the almighty afl-cio put some effort into doing what needs to be done.

AMFA has lead the way by organizing rallys against FAR 145. An FAR that directly will effect Tulsa. But the majority of people in Tulsa are lead to believe that this is not their fight. WRONG! It is all of our fight.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Unfortunately the twu only knows how to stoke it.

AMFAMAN said:
Now that's a great attitude;"if everyone else in Tulsa is willing to fight with me." Hell I've been getting the sh*t kicked out of me by this company for years fighting them on behalf of the membership. Despite my union of choice, I will never take the timid approach of "if everyone else in Tulsa is willing to fight with me." You fight today and everyday, if you don't you continue to lose ground that you will never recover. True unionism is all about fighting regardless of the name, if you're not willing to fight then it might be time for a gut check.

BTW...The twu has proved over the years that the leadership is unwilling to fight, just look at the results.
[post="201574"][/post]​

AMFAMAN I don't really know what you mean by this statement, we cannot fight without atleast a majority of the members, the only tools I see we have at our disposal are voting down the concession which would take a majority and or going on strike which would also take a majority, how do you intend to fight without atleast a majority ? :unsure:
I guess I should have said I will fight if the majority are willing to fight that is what I meant not every single person.
I assure you I am anything but timid, you would know that if you had ever met me. :D VilociRaptors are not timid they are predators ;)