Give credit where credit is due.

MAAMARCH04

Jan 28, 2006
I worked over Thanksgiving, as did thousands of other US Airways employees, and as difficult as it was to be away from my family I must say that the management at our company really stepped up to the plate this Thanksgiving Holiday.

As a PHL based F/A, I found myself in PHX on Thanksgiving Day. An hour and a half before my afternoon departure out of PHX, I and my crew went to the crew room to partake in dinner that was being offered to crew members. We were greeted warmly by the InFlight staff and we were served an impressive meal. The dinner was top notch and the servings were generous. Thank you PHX InFlight for a job well done.

Much later that Thanksgiving Day, when we were an hour outside of CLT, our flight was contacted by Operations. They knew we were done for the day and they asked if we wanted a Thanksgiving meal to take to our overnight. All 5 of us accepted their offer and when we arrived we were greeted by two US Airways employees named Mareesa (sp?) and Chris. They had bags of food waiting for us and they even offered to help us carry it all to our van. It was an amazing gesture by the company and it meant a great deal to all of us.

I've had my share of frustrations with our company, but their actions this Thanksgiving Holiday were gracious, generous and familial. I just want to say THANK YOU!

at least someone got some food. i , and some of my co-workers were left high and dry due to someone not giving the correct headcount. typical. the portions obviously weren't that generous here, to not be able to include 4 people. i should have figured as much and still brought my lunch. instead i was forced to make do with the crap food available at the airport. to top it off, those of us who didn't receive any turkey were asked to hurry up so some people could make it home to be with their families, meanwhile we were stuck here until 11pm or 12am. no consideration, from all sides, so thanks for nothing. hope everyone else had a good thanksgiving

at least someone got some food. i , and some of my co-workers were left high and dry due to someone not giving the correct headcount. typical. the portions obviously weren't that generous here, to not be able to include 4 people. i should have figured as much and still brought my lunch. instead i was forced to make do with the crap food available at the airport. to top it off, those of us who didn't receive any turkey were asked to hurry up so some people could make it home to be with their families, meanwhile we were stuck here until 11pm or 12am. no consideration, from all sides, so thanks for nothing. hope everyone else had a good thanksgiving
Woe is me.......

It only took 43 minutes!!!
:lol:

Woe is me.......
:lol:
A pilot friend(and crew) also did not get a meal when showing up in CLT at the appointed time. They were told "sorry, we ran out of turkey", but they did get some left over stuffing and potatoes. There were some prepared plates wrapped up on the table with all the fixin's, they asked if they could get one of those, and were told they were "reserved" for some of the airport staff. While he did say the company gesture was nice, they should have done a better job providing for the employees who weren't going home to dinner later.

Dorf

A pilot friend(and crew) also did not get a meal when showing up in CLT at the appointed time. They were told "sorry, we ran out of turkey", but they did get some left over stuffing and potatoes. There were some prepared plates wrapped up on the table with all the fixin's, they asked if they could get one of those, and were told they were "reserved" for some of the airport staff. While he did say the company gesture was nice, they should have done a better job providing for the employees who weren't going home to dinner later.

Dorf
Aw. Did your pilot friend cry and stomp his feet?

The company provided thousands of complimentary meals to employees throughout the system. They ran out of turkey, and they reserved some plates for inbound crews/ other employees who didn't have access.

WHO CARES. THIS WAS A GOOD THING DONE BY THE COMPANY. STOP WHINING.

It occurs to me that no matter what the topic on here, someone is going to complain about something. I happen to think it was a noble gesture on the part of the company to at least try to show some appreciation and consideration for those who had to work on Thanksgiving, and I applaud them for that.

Unfortunately some stations ran out of turkey and other components of Thanksgiving dinner--but the thought was there and the intent was good. Let's leave it at that shall we?

After tomorrow we can go back to complaining, but right now let's just say thanks for the thought---

No one is whining over missing out on the free turkey. The point is that the company didn't care ENOUGH to take care of all of the employees. They mismanaged yet another thing, and rather than make any attempt at all to compensate, they just told those who missed out that "Sorry. We didn't have enough."

My guess is the folks in Tempe had plenty to eat comfortably at home at the largesse of what had been taken off the backs of these front line employees while not even making a minimal effort to see that the meager "thank you" made it to everybody out on the line working.

No one is whining over missing out on the free turkey. The point is that the company didn't care ENOUGH to take care of all of the employees. They mismanaged yet another thing, and rather than make any attempt at all to compensate, they just told those who missed out that "Sorry. We didn't have enough."

My guess is the folks in Tempe had plenty to eat comfortably at home at the largesse of what had been taken off the backs of these front line employees while not even making a minimal effort to see that the meager "thank you" made it to everybody out on the line working.

Are you sure the company mis-managed this? Could some employees have helped themselves to extra large portions denying others their fare share? I bet most people on here don't know the facts.

Let's remember it took 43 minutes to complain about the gesture. The negative posters on here will never find anything positive about US.