Give credit where credit is due.

Laughable. Against the whole idea?

You are against an employee friendly idea to feed as many employees as possible on the T-Giving holiday. You are serious? NO other airline did this.

Once again, a FFOCUS leader proves just how "employee unfriendly" they are. And people wonder why FFOCUS was never taken seriously..... :blink:

Aredee,

You seriously need to get over yourself. Bob does not speak for FFOCUS, he speaks for himself. And you just need to stop griping at us. We have had more of an effect on things at the company than you think, not that it matters if you believe it.

If you had been in Tempe when I met with management I'd give you some slack, but you weren't and have no idea what went on behind the scenes. I will only tell you that we supported this company and its employees wholeheartedly for years and years, and things only turned negative when management determined that we (and customers in general, especially elites) were a liability rather than an asset, and they turned on us like they did on the employees.

Now we are an advocacy group which speaks for customers of ALL airlines--and we have been very effective in getting US and other carriers to respond to customer issues which were previously ignored by the respective airline.

Do we complain? Yes sometimes it's unavoidable--but at least speaking for myself, much of my criticism has been intended to effect positive change, and in some cases it has....

You are now free to continue griping across the country........

KOOL AIDE DRINKER , KOOL AIDE DRINKER!!!

you drink so much KOOL AIDE the kool aide man says OH YEAH! when he see's you!

:lol:

Let's be clear - no kool aide being drunk here however the union really gets alot of you to drink some really strong kool aide. I realize I am one of the few who likes their job and enjoys doing it every day without all the negativity. It's sad that it passes most of you by and that you are focused on being negative.

Laughable. Against the whole idea?

You are against an employee friendly idea to feed as many employees as possible on the T-Giving holiday. You are serious? NO other airline did this.

Once again, a FFOCUS leader proves just how "employee unfriendly" they are. And people wonder why FFOCUS was never taken seriously..... :blink:

Actually... American Eagle has offered us a rather nice Thanksgiving dinner the last few years.. Yet again this year... I believe they had plenty of food to go around 2years ago..they had leftovers..So, it is Possible !!!
I do remember the Cheese... I never got any of it because it got sent to my Parents house.. I told my Mom
to Use it Up !!!
Let us not forgot the Fun stories of getting to our overnights after everything is closed early for Thanksgiving so we ended up eating at a Chinese Buffet... AHHHH The Glamour !!!! :up:

Aredee,

You seriously need to get over yourself. Bob does not speak for FFOCUS, he speaks for himself.

I'll try to get over myself. And, you might want to change your website, as it states that "Bob" is the Co- Founder, Policy Committee Member. Does he speak for you, represent FFOCUS, or not? :rolleyes:

If you had been in Tempe when I met with management I'd give you some slack, but you weren't and have no idea what went on behind the scenes. I will only tell you that we supported this company and its employees wholeheartedly for years and years, and things only turned negative when management determined that we (and customers in general, especially elites) were a liability rather than an asset, and they turned on us like they did on the employees.

I disagree with many things that Tempe has implemented, but this is a thread about giving credit for a nice Thanksgiving Dinner, not your Tempe trips. I realize how much they have devalued the product; they still offered something no other major did: A nice dinner throughout the system for thousands of employees. That was the point of the thread.

Now we are an advocacy group which speaks for customers of ALL airlines--and we have been very effective in getting US and other carriers to respond to customer issues which were previously ignored by the respective airline.

Well, I would say that an advocacy group should not have its #2 in command (according to your site) spouting off about p*ssing on the grave that is US. That is the day I stopped taking FFOCUS seriously whatsoever. That type of attitude is counterproductive for everybody involved. It's like if DP came here, late at night, and argued many of the non factual threads on here. He doesn't, because he is in a position of control. Simple, really.

Do we complain? Yes sometimes it's unavoidable--but at least speaking for myself, much of my criticism has been intended to effect positive change, and in some cases it has....

And I agree, you have much to gripe about. Again, this thread is about a T-giving dinner provided free by the company.

You are now free to continue griping across the country........

I will, until I receive a fair contract and this airlines fixes the areas that are lacking. You won't find me spinning my bitterness towards the company in a thread about a free dinner provided on a Holiday, or about restoring 500 mile minimums. Those are positive things.

Aredee,

YOU started the diversion by attacking FFOCUS. I was merely responding.

Overall you and I tend to agree on most of the issues.

Now back to the topic at hand.......

Yes it was a nice gesture on US' part to provide a holiday meal for working employees....

Yes it might not have been as well planned as it could have been, causing the shortages mentioned herein...but to be honest that is just consistent with Tempe's management style--everything half baked -- good idea, poor execution.....

But the main point is they tried--and it was more than most others did.......