Going the extra mile!

Fly:

Obviously, you do not know me and internet communication can be difficult before there is only one human sense used. As I said above, the only "ax to grind" is disagreement why the UA pilots believe they have should have super-seniority (although now that the shoe may be on the other foot -- they not want ALPA Merger Policy) and I have problems with those who "shoot the messenger".

Much of the problem is UA employees do not like my information, which is understandable, but I do not violate USaviation rules or lack decorum. I believe certain UA employees are angry because they do not like the thought of what I write occuring.

Regardless, if US was involved with AA or NW like UA then I would write about those airlines. It's nothing special about UA, it's our current and future business that interests me because of how it can effect US.

Best regards,

Chip

Chip,
You should always try to look at issues from both sides. If a merger or integration of seniority's had taken place when Ual was buying U for some unrealistic price, Ual employees would have been screwed for 2 reasons.
1. They had made great sacrifice to get Ual profitable during the ESOP.
2. We were buying U, not merging with them. Why should Ual employees take a double hit?
3. Let me make it 3. If it would have happened, U & Ual planes and routes would have been sold in a garage sale. No way would they have been able to even do Chapter 11. It would have been sold piecemeal.

If a merger takes place I can see integration. It isn't pretty, but it happens.

IMO; Even if you are all in the same union, you do not work out of a union shop and fly all carriers. Therefore seniority should only count in the airline you work for.

When the buyout was first announced, I thought great! It will fit for me personally, but then I looked at the whole picture and knew it was a bad deal for Ual and also a stupid one for the reasons above.

Thank God the government thought so too.