Good Word--fsc

DFWCC

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
DFW
Visit site
:D The good word here at DFW is they just brought back 30 FSCs from the street. Expecting another 250 to be recalled by Apr 1st. It is sorely needed. We are so short of manpower that some Pilots and FAs thought we were working on a slowdown. I had ramp xfr drivers tell me they just don't have enough time to unload the aircraft, run 70bags to 12 stops + a couple gate changes come back, clean the aircraft then load outbound freight, mail and baggage.
If they want these planes to move on time something gets cut. I'll let you decide. How clean and well stocked are the cabins on fl through DFW? Is there always a line in the baggage claim area "lost bag office"?
Approx 23 to 27% bags move through DFW. If you look at where we stand in the DOT stats it shows.

It's good to hear about the call backs. I hope the news about April 1 is correct also. I wish we had something good to say about STL but I doubt that will ever happen. Our local management doesn't really understand what a FSC actually has to do to keep an operation going. On 11-01 most of the experienced ramp supv were let go and only the ATO supv were retained. I wish everyone out in the system the best.

DFWCC said:
:D The good word here at DFW is they just brought back 30 FSCs from the street. Expecting another 250 to be recalled by Apr 1st. It is sorely needed. We are so short of manpower that some Pilots and FAs thought we were working on a slowdown. I had ramp xfr drivers tell me they just don't have enough time to unload the aircraft, run 70bags to 12 stops + a couple gate changes come back, clean the aircraft then load outbound freight, mail and baggage.
If they want these planes to move on time something gets cut. I'll let you decide. How clean and well stocked are the cabins on fl through DFW? Is there always a line in the baggage claim area "lost bag office"?
Approx 23 to 27% bags move through DFW. If you look at where we stand in the DOT stats it shows.
DFWCC,

On top of what you've "outlined' at DFW, imagine for a moment, if EVERY xfr. driver did not exceed the ramp speed limit, closed AND LOCKED the curtains after EVERY stop, etc, etc, etc.

In addition to cabins not "walked thru", mabey the frt. would'nt get loaded ???????

You don't need me to remind you, that "WE" can control the "show" by STRICTLY adhereing(SP?) to "WORK TO RULE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,
NH/BB's

Ps.
It will always baffle me, that when we TRY to "educate" some of our "brothers", that they look at us as if we had "3 heads".

Ah, but when they get their lay off notices, they CRY LIKE BABIES,NEVER EVER understanding why this is happening to them.

It really makes you wonder,
is it that,

A. they're SCARED of the CSM's ???
B. that they're "missing" some "anatomy" between there legs,
or,
C. that they're just plain STUPID ???????

Mr Transfer,
I had spent 2mos in STL as part of the TWA-AA Ramp transition team. I had made some freinds in STL and have heard their side of the story. With your CSMs. Isn't it funny how AA hires someone with 2 years of Chemistry 101 or a 3year veteran as a hairdresser in the Lincoln Ave barbershop and hairstyling salon for CSMs. These people don't have a clue. By the time they start "getting educated" they get frustrated and leave, or if they are a real AAhole they get promoted.
Down the road I do see STL growing but more as a reginol feeder with addition to the mainline as needed. Good luck and I hope that growth comes sooner than later. :up:

NHBB, You're absolutely right, we are our own worse enemy. We wink at safety rules all too often. Such as "driving close to a tailcone to get under a jet blast while a plane is parking at the gate" or overloading bag carts ie. bags in tractors or on top of carts. All this is done trying to make on time bag delivery. As long as the bags make it AA looks the other way. Woe be unto you if you have an accident. Your good intention looking out for the psgr be dAAmned. The hangman cometh. I tell the my fellow co-workers " hey they set the rules just follow them" since they haven't a clue to what the real world is it will soon disinegrate even further and they would have to call back more of my brothers and sisters.
I'll hear " this depeaking thing isn't working we're missing a gazillion bags" and then they'll try to bypass another rule ( wrong way on a oneway drive ). I'm tired of fixing mgts misQues. Just do as you're directed and let them fix it. When you tell what the problem is and how to fix it they never listen. What does a guy who does the job know he's only a clerk. These CSMs are running so scared form a mgt team that were onetime res agents... Now that scares me..
. I get to rambling on too much
. Go PATS

NHBB, You're absolutely right, we are our own worse enemy. We wink at safety rules all too often. Such as "driving close to a tailcone to get under a jet blast while a plane is parking at the gate" or overloading bag carts ie. bags in tractors or on top of carts. All this is down trying to make on time bag delivery. As long as the bags make it AA looks the other way. Woe be unto you if you have an accident. Your good intention looking out for the psgr be dAAmned. The hangman cometh. I tell the my fellow co-workers " hey they set the rules just follow them" since they haven't a cue to what the real world is it will soon disinegrate even further and they would have to call back more of my brothers and sisters.
I'll here " this wave thing isn't working we're missing a gazillion bags" and then they'll truy to bypass another rule ( wrong way on a oneway drive ). I'm tired of fixing mgts misQues. Just do as you're directed and let them fix it. When you tell what the problem is and how to fix it theynever listen. What does a guy who does the job know he's only a clerk. These CSMs are running so scared form a mgt team that were onetime res agents... Now that scares me..
. I get to rambling on too much
. Go PATS