Great Flights On US

SS255

Veteran
Aug 10, 2004
LAX via AVP
I used to get upgraded on US a lot as a Gold, but then I switched my loyalty to CO, and lost all US status last March after earning 0 EQM's in 2009. While I still fly US occasionally in Y, I had not flown US in F since September, 2008.

I bought an A fare for my trip to SJU, and flew last night's LAX-CLT redeye, followed by the 7:55AM flight to SJU. I must say that this was not the US F experience which I remembered from 2008. We received pre-flight beverages on both legs (totally shocking, since I don't recall ever receiving a pre-flight beverage in F the last 2 or 3 years that I was a Gold). I thought that the meal service on the CLT-SJU leg was better than I remembered, and I was impressed that a 3:15 flight even received meal service -- I figured that's because it's an island route.

Both flight crews rocked the house. I don't think that my FA on CLT-SJU sat down even once. You could tell that these folks loved their jobs. This is what I really miss about US: The people. US may not have the product offering that CO and UA have, but US crews really blow the other carriers -- whose crews are always very friendly and professional -- out of the water. It's like they serve you a different kind of Kool-Aid to make you all rock stars. :)

Great job, guys.

Thanks for the trip report, and enjoy SJU!!!

US' core strength has ALWAYS been its people. I am glad to see you had a great experience, and hope it continues...

My BEST to you all...

Just curious, what is the F service on CLT-SJU?
The flight SS255 took CLT-SJU is scheduled for exactly 3:30 so I'm assuming breakfast and normal FC service otherwise. If you're talking about the meal itself I don't know.

Jim

Just curious, what is the F service on CLT-SJU?

It was a standard F breakfast service, with a snack basket run about an hour prior to landing, along with endless beverage service. The flight time is 3:15, which is why I was surprised that we even got a meal.

The one complaint I have is that the credit card hawk on the CLT-SJU flight was the longest pitch I have ever heard on a US flight. Thankfully, there was no hawking on the redeye. What a horrible thing that would have been to wake up to. :lol:

It's nice to hear a positive trip report considering..... Thanks on behalf of all of the hard working frontline workers. :up:

So as You can see, IF and when the Front Line Employees are given the proper tools to do our job by Tempe, WE CAN do anything.

Hope, I agree with you 1000%....and that is what we've been fighting for -- to give you the proper tools to do your job....

I have always said US front line folks are the best in the industry.....the issues we have are almost exclusively with management (or lack thereof).

My BEST to you all...

Back