Happy AMT day to my fellow AMT'S at American Airlines.

Wouldn't it be great if turning down the once a year free food and trinket would send the company the message they aren't otherwise getting? It's about as effective as bitching here or on Jetnet and really just sounding like crybabies. Yes, I am guilty as much as anyone.

So there was "a system wide effort by local 591 not to gobble the gravy"? That's it? Wow, that'll send a message !!
Why was anyone even at work on AMT day?
Or why weren't the mechanics at AA, UA, and SWA picketing on AMT day?
This ain't working guys!!

Someone needs to get us all on the same page and get management's attention and not just some guy with a big spoon and an apron dishing out beans....

Reactions: 2 people
The pilots are unhappy, they do a sick out or try to go strike. The FAs are unhappy they went on strike. Mechs unhappy we don't except food on AMT day.

How about mechs do your job as directed, but turn down OT, every station is short handed and counts on OT. Mention that in breakroom and watch everybody flip out. Most mechs not willing to sacrifice but yet whine about unionism.

And don't say that 2003 was the sacrifice, that's what the company took from you.

Reactions: 1 person
AA89 said:
Wouldn't it be great if turning down the once a year free food and trinket would send the company the message they aren't otherwise getting? It's about as effective as bitching here or on Jetnet and really just sounding like crybabies. Yes, I am guilty as much as anyone.

So there was "a system wide effort by local 591 not to gobble the gravy"? That's it? Wow, that'll send a message !!
Why was anyone even at work on AMT day?
Or why weren't the mechanics at AA, UA, and SWA picketing on AMT day?
This ain't working guys!!

Someone needs to get us all on the same page and get management's attention and not just some guy with a big spoon and an apron dishing out beans....
Anything more than not eating the food would constitute a possible job action. Is that what your saying we should have done?

bigjets said:
How about mechs do your job as directed, but turn down OT, every station is short handed and counts on OT. Mention that in breakroom and watch everybody flip out. Most mechs not willing to sacrifice but yet whine about unionism.

Yeah, that won't work. Most don't live within their means at 40 hrs/week and rely on overtime.

The more you make the more you buy. The more you buy, the more you need to make. It's a viscous cycle.

1AA said:
Anything more than not eating the food would constitute a possible job action. Is that what your saying we should have done?
Of course I'm not......In 364 days you can again show management we mean business. Until then carry on the complaining and enjoying the industry lagging contract.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts