AMT Day

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Happy AMT Day to everyone! Today American Airlines had their Flight Crews have the ability to make an announcement to their passengers about the significance of May 24th and the value of skilled AMTs. The AMTA is happy that AA was able to accomplish this request from us. Hopefully people will remember the skilled men and women who are indeed the "Faces Behind Safety".

Happy AMT Day to everyone! Today American Airlines had their Flight Crews have the ability to make an announcement to their passengers about the significance of May 24th and the value of skilled AMTs. The AMTA is happy that AA was able to accomplish this request from us. Hopefully people will remember the skilled men and women who are indeed the "Faces Behind Safety".
Congrats Ken... I'll pass this up the Food chain and see if my Bosses would be warm to something like this in our little World. Keep up the good work.

Congrats Ken... I'll pass this up the Food chain and see if my Bosses would be warm to something like this in our little World. Keep up the good work.
Thank's for the POST It Sounded good & Was Very much appreciated.I Wish Washington D.C. Would Get the Message they Don't care as long as We are UNSKILLED labor that's where we will remain,with Lower Wage's and Less & Less power.Unless we UNITE like the Pilot's & Flight Attd's. We Will Never Get Anyware.
AMFA was our only HOPE for Recognition as A CLASS & CRAFT.
MWW long live the Profession of AMT's.

Thank's for the POST It Sounded good & Was Very much appreciated.I Wish Washington D.C. Would Get the Message they Don't care as long as We are UNSKILLED labor that's where we will remain,with Lower Wage's and Less & Less power.Unless we UNITE like the Pilot's & Flight Attd's. We Will Never Get Anyware.
AMFA was our only HOPE for Recognition as A CLASS & CRAFT.
MWW long live the Profession of AMT's.

Washington will do nothing unless people get involved. There is a National AMT Day Resolution with 20+ cosponsors and it is before the House Armed Services Committee. It will then hopefully go to the House floor. Voices can still be lent to this endeavor to recognize our craft nationally. Simply go to WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and click on the Support National AMT Day link.

The AMTA web site, WWW.AMYAUSA.COM, has added a new link showing the different celebrations that took place on AMT Day, May 24th, 2006. More photos will be added. If you have any photos you wish to have added to this new link please contact me. It is the AMTA's goal of showing these different celebrations so more people/companies can become better aware of the significance of AMT Day and in turn each year the celebrations will grow. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

AMT Day celebrations at Baker's School of Aeronautics in Nashville Tennessee can be seen on WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

Were you recognized on May 24th, 2006? If so send me your photos so the celebration of our proud craft & profession can grow.

Latest posts