AMT Day

Dear Ken

Thanks for all you and the AMT Society does to promote the profession and may I remind folks that Charlie was a Machinist before he became the first A&P so when we say Profession we are talking about all the Skilled men and women who Make up the Mechanic and Related group. As a person who has attended and competed at the MSC event in Vegas let me say that it is alwways a good time to meet the young folks from the trade schools and watch them compete against each other and then on the final day get to compare their times to the Pro's it is a great time and I encourage everyone whether you want to compete or just watch make time to check it out it is well worth it!

Happy AMT Day to all and thanks again.

Reactions: swamt
I for one will not participate in this faux appreciation put on by the company. However to all my fellow AMTs Happy AMT Day

I'm not knocking anybody's opinion or choice regarding the company's chicken but I have never quite understood the concept of how exactly turning down a meal which we've already paid for essentially whether we eat it or not hurts the company one way or another. If you really want to make a statement, turn down the overtime for a change maybe?

Reactions: swamt and Rogallo
I'm not knocking anybody's opinion or choice regarding the company's chicken but I have never quite understood the concept of how exactly turning down a meal which we've already paid for essentially whether we eat it or not hurts the company one way or another. If you really want to make a statement, turn down the overtime for a change maybe?

No!
If you really want to prove your point: go out and do your job to the absolute best of your ability while constantly maintaining the company's demand for verbatim compliance.

After you have done this: identify the bottom percentage subject to furlough under the company term sheet and have everyone but those AMTs' refuse the overtime so that if and when bad things happen, we will have put money in the pockets of those most at risk.

BTW, I'm a NO voter.

Reactions: 1 person
I can agree with that Boomer. I too voted NO. After all, why vote yourself out of a job? If they want to take it make them take it. Don't just give it to them or put yourself in a situation to have to listen to, "Ya don't like it? Too bad, you voted for it!" for 6 more years.

The food is not about the company, it is about you.
As for continually paying for the food, some have been paying their whole career.

I tend to lean on doing your job, verbatim.

Great boneheaded suggestion Troy, go ahead and turn down the OT so this POS management team here can paperwork and force somebody else that didn't want to be here on their day off. As far as your already paid for crappy little sandwich, you can place it where the sun don't shine.

HAPPY AMT DAY to all my fellow technicians everywhere in the world.
Go out and celebrate today for us and the ones that are no longer with us.

May 24th, 2011 is AMT Day. I hope everyone reading this can celebrate this day in recognition of Charles E. Taylor and those who followed after him.

Do not allow your anger/disappointment in the recent ta the company offered to erode the respect we have for our profession. If the company does not wish to respect the knowledge, skill and integrity we use to perform our duties so be it. But we can still respect ourselves!

AMT Day is for all AMTs worldwide who maintain every type of aircraft throughout the aviation community. It doesn't matter if an AMT is in Afghanistan or Alabama, in the desert or North Pole, the responsibilities are still the same and this day is for them!

If you celebrate AMT Day take pictures and let me know. I'd be happy to post them.

Happy AMT Day!

Same to you Ken.
What is up with all the negative post?
Happy AMT to all A&P's everywhere for your relentless hours, weather, and conditions. You line guys always come thru for the customers for that revenue flight to continue on it's day. All the hangar and heavy maint AMT's also always come thru to keep the flow of aircraft moving safely and efficiently. Keep up your dedicated work and have a fantastic AMT Day!!!

Great boneheaded suggestion Troy, go ahead and turn down the OT so this POS management team here can paperwork and force somebody else that didn't want to be here on their day off. As far as your already paid for crappy little sandwich, you can place it where the sun don't shine.
Funny thing...I've been here a whole year and have yet see anyone forced to do anything:)